3lb beef brisket going in today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jgettyusmc

Original poster
Jun 25, 2022
Doing a 3lb brisket… only my second time doing brisket so I’m a bit of a FNG…. So any and all advice is welcomed! As well as questions or stupid comments lol all welcome here

Real quick run through of my plan.
Coating it with oil, salt and pepper
Cooking at 225
Spay it every hour or so.
Cooking till internal hits 205
Resting wrapped for 1 hour

Questions I have already that may begin a discussion…best temp to remove from heat and wrap in butcher paper?? Or are we looking mainly at getting that good bark first, before we wrap?

Input is welcome! Enjoy your day! And stay tuned for pictures throughout the process!

Reactions: smoking gun
I’m guessing that you have a small flat, so this may help you.
Al

Here’s the set up! Have any of you tried these white oak woodford reserve bourbon barrel chunks yet?? I’m excited to see how they do!

Thanks for all the good input so far! Keep the conversation goin!
D5262346-58A3-40C5-A3F0-C36C3C31AEB0.jpeg

Sorry, posting this later than expected…
Turned out with good bark, good flavor, just not as much moisture in the meat as I had aimed for, it’s not dry, it’s just not juicy. But over all, I’m fairly pleased!
586EA7EB-28CD-4614-8541-3B436F417107.jpeg
FF925C9F-2285-4FE6-84EF-80D89093B741.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky