30% off Another Ink-Bird Thermometer Deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Today there is another deal on Amazon for the Ink-Bird IBT-2X-2 2 probe Bluetooth Thermometer. $24 bucks isnt a bad deal for a 2 probe unit.

Just click the 30% coupon button under the price.

https://amzn.to/2RmQHOp

IBT-2x.png

Reactions: flatbroke
Yes it would there is this one with 2 probes or they make another one with 4 probes. Multiple probes allows you to monitor the smoker temp as well as the meat temp so of course the more probes the more pieces of meat can be monitored. Many of us started back when we needed separate thermos for everything I think I had like 8 thermometers back then and at times still had to move probes from one piece of meat to the other so multiple probes is really nice.

Reactions: Unique Name
Yes it would there is this one with 2 probes or they make another one with 4 probes. Multiple probes allows you to monitor the smoker temp as well as the meat temp so of course the more probes the more pieces of meat can be monitored. Many of us started back when we needed separate thermos for everything I think I had like 8 thermometers back then and at times still had to move probes from one piece of meat to the other so multiple probes is really nice.
Thanks for the reply!
I hadnt even thought about smoking more than one item at a time!
When doing something like this, are there any special procedures to follow? I've got a WSM 18. So could I put a Butt on the lower rack and then a chicken on top with no problems?

Nothing special needs to be done to smoke more than one thing at a time. Just smoke like you would a single piece you just need to check the temps in two or more pieces of meat that's it

Nothing special needs to be done to smoke more than one thing at a time. Just smoke like you would a single piece you just need to check the temps in two or more pieces of meat that's it
Awesome.
I'm ordering one of these now.
Thanks!

Also , even if you're not going to use a multi probe now , you will in the future . I'd bet on it .
I ordered the 4 probe , should be here today .
Enjoy .

For everyone that ordered it, let Inkbird know what your think on here They are a sponsor here.

Thanks for the reply!
I hadnt even thought about smoking more than one item at a time!
When doing something like this, are there any special procedures to follow? I've got a WSM 18. So could I put a Butt on the lower rack and then a chicken on top with no problems?

You've got the right idea except NEVER put chicken above other food, always below. This helps prevent the chance of spreading illness from contamination from raw poultry. Your upper and lower grate temps will be ~10 degrees different if I recall correctly. You can jump over the "the virtual weber bullet" website which has a very extensive report with graphics showing the temperature differences.

Reactions: Unique Name
You've got the right idea except NEVER put chicken above other food, always below. This helps prevent the chance of spreading illness from contamination from raw poultry. Your upper and lower grate temps will be ~10 degrees different if I recall correctly. You can jump over the "the virtual weber bullet" website which has a very extensive report with graphics showing the temperature differences.
Makes sense.
Again, hadn't thought about that.
Thanks for the heads up!

I have a ThermoPro TP-08 WiFi, and an Inkbird IBT- 4XS 4 prober jobber Bluetooth.
I like both, for different reasons.
The ThermoPro WiFi has a better range at my house. So I can monitor the pit and one piece of meat anywhere.
The Inkbird Bluetooth has a lot of wow factor with my android phone, but not the range.
So I like both, but for different reasons. And on occasion, I use both. Because the IBT has the graph and can Cha-Cha, But the TP-08 has the stall-worth ability to give me my pit anywhere so I can get a warning of the pit gets weird on me.
They both run within 1 degree of each other at all ranges. So they are trustworthy together.
One good example of balls-out use is bacon. I can chart four slabs, and dual pit temps, Hi and Low.
I don't need to, but it's fun to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky