30 lbs of swinging meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captmoby

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Kansas, BVI's
A little drying time before I put the smoke to it. 30 lbs of Kansas Deer. It's been soaking up the flavors and cure for a few days now.
c263e634_DSC03898.jpg

e047dbe7_DSC03900.jpg

Used the High Mountain Kit with extra garlic, pepper, and a bit of soy sauce. I'll smoke it for a few hours and then dry it out at about 140 or so. It could take a while for some of it that was cut pretty thick. Tried the same thing last year with great results.

Jim

That looks awesome can't wait to see more Qview when it gets done

All done and ready for the food saver. One thing I forgot to mention that I mixed in was a bit of red pepper flakes. It all reduced down to about 9 lbs of jerky and tastes great. I must admit though, I like my jerky a bit on the spicy side.

dddfbb64_DSC03903.jpg
8e91281f_DSC03905.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now that looks like some fine looking Jerky you have there Capt.

It looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky