3 Breasts, 2 smoked ,1 no Thanks, with White Wine Sauce and Pasta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
3 Breasts, 2 smoked ,1 no Thanks, with White Wine Sauce and Pasta

I know I just did bacon wrapped Breasts couple weeks ago. and they were good.
This time with a reminder from Jake TNJAKE TNJAKE . I brined all 3 with pickle juice , injected a lot then in bag for 4 hours in the fridge. And I'm glad I did . I used B+B juice as not a big fan of dill pickles.

I dried off the chicken and very light coat of Lemon Pepper all over
They stayed moist even though they were not wrapped at all. Smoked with hickory at 230 deg. for 1 hour to IT of 162 deg.. Pulled and tented for a bit to wait their turn in the white wine sauce.
1.JPG 2.JPG
3.JPG

4.JPG

Now I mentioned that Somebody ( MONA ) said she is not a big fan of the smoke on every meal....I guess she will go hungry.. lol Kidding incase she reads this.

This is ok because the recipe calls for the chicken breast to be floured and fried in olive oil and butter than the sauce made in the pan. So a win win for both of us.
I get the flavor I need in the sauce and she gets no smoke on her breast.....well that came out wrong.

So fry/cook the breast 4 minutes on each side till almost done around 160deg. set aside . I wanted onions so in the pan to cook first than add the sauce ingredients . I wanted extra sauce because there is pasta for my meal that was not part of the recipe, so I doubled it all. Added the butter, SPG dry white wine, chicken broth,1/2 tea of Italian seasoning and than the heavy cream ( I used whipping cream Highest BF 35% I could find ) and chicken in the pan for another 5 minutes or so . Now chicken is at right temp.
5.JPG
Mona likes mushroom's so I fried them up separate for her , than on top of her plate
6.JPG

Mona's for a swim first to bring hers up to IT temp, Than mine jumped in after hers.
9.JPG

So in another pot I boiled up the Fettuccine noodles and I wanted some better color on them so I added 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric to the water with 2 tablespoon of salt.
Good taste and no you do not taste the Turmeric at all. Just for the yellow color. I thought I had a shot of the pot, but here is the noodles as I dipped out for each plate
7.JPG

I also had a Sweet Kale salad with Poppy seed dressing. Yes store bought salad as my garden is still frozen underground. :emoji_grin:

Now the plates , first the none smoker person's
8.JPG

Than the right one , lol. I'm going to hell by her hand for sure.
11.JPG

10.JPG

The sauce was fantastic, the chicken was very moist, and glad I made extra sauce for all the noodles

Thanks for hanging to the end

David

David, that looks scrumptious! I'd love to sit down to that plate of food! I bet that sauce was awesome!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Fine looking plate of chicken right there David. Good Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Wow David, what can I say other than OUTSTANDING!! Both of those plates look incredible. Very well done sir and kudos for taking care of Mona. The ladies tend to be more supportive if you take into account their tastes also. Ya done good sir!!

Robert

Very nice David! That plate would be welcome at our dinner table (or coffee table watching a cooking show) any day of the week!

Wow! That is a beautiful job on an awesome cook and plate! I’d make reservations to get a plate of that! Really cool trick on giving the pasta some color, I need to remember that!

What a meal David, I pull up a chair to that anytime. I have to remember the tumeric idea, makes the pasta look restaurant quality as opposed to the pale white it is when I make it. Big Like

Wow David, what can I say other than OUTSTANDING!! Both of those plates look incredible. Very well done sir and kudos for taking care of Mona. The ladies tend to be more supportive if you take into account their tastes also. Ya done good sir!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Mona really did love the supper and was very sweet to me for not smoking hers
Both plates were very good , Next day I made her a different meal as only 1 smoked breast left and she
really did not want it. So I was lucky enough to have it for 2 suppers. Loved it

David

Very nice David! That plate would be welcome at our dinner table (or coffee table watching a cooking show) any day of the week!

Thanks Civil for the like and the comment

It was a great meal and Mona asked if I could make it again this weekend for her mother.
So it will be 3 not smoked and 2 for me smoked again, if that is what I do. I had plans for a different meal.
But we will see.

David

Beautiful plate David. Heck of a nice job. Looks and sounds delicious

Thanks Jake for the comment

The pickle juice was fantastic, Thank You for that, this was a great brine and kept the chicken very moist
even without any cover or wrap on the breasts. Will do it this way more often

David

Wow! That is a beautiful job on an awesome cook and plate! I’d make reservations to get a plate of that! Really cool trick on giving the pasta some color, I need to remember that!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment

Very nice of you to say. Mona was very happy with the meal and ate way too much. I filled her plate up to take a picture
than was going to take some off for her . Well that did not happen. She said my plate my food . lol

Using the Turmeric was something I learned as a kid in the first Greek family restaurant I worked in as we did that for rice when we made Boreckia
( spelling is wrong. I will have to look this up ) have not made that for 30 years or so.

David

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky