2nd rack of lamb ( not planned)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Stopped at the grocery and picked up some things to throw on the smoker tonight only to find out I left a bag at the checkout! So. Couldn't make what I planned on. Not much in the freezer but there was two racks of lamb so I figured..hey why not! Kids had mac n cheese earlier and green beans so I figured I would use that for sides. I just heated the green beans back up but the mac n cheese I added some smoked white cheddar and Frank's to and put on the smoker along with the rack of lamb. The lamb was seasoned with SPOG . I took it to about 110° and then seared on the grill until 135° .It all turned out good. Not what I would normally pair together but it was thrown together in a pinch. Only took a finished pic. Thanks for looking!
1208192211b.jpg

Stopped at the grocery and picked up some things to throw on the smoker tonight only to find out I left a bag at the checkout! So. Couldn't make what I planned on. Not much in the freezer but there was two racks of lamb so I figured..hey why not! Kids had mac n cheese earlier and green beans so I figured I would use that for sides. I just heated the green beans back up but the mac n cheese I added some smoked white cheddar and Frank's to and put on the smoker along with the rack of lamb. The lamb was seasoned with SPOG . I took it to about 110° and then seared on the grill until 135° .It all turned out good. Not what I would normally pair together but it was thrown together in a pinch. Only took a finished pic. Thanks for looking!View attachment 418909
I'm not into lamb but many are. Your plate though looks really nice. Good job.

I love lamb & could eat it every night if it wasn't so expensive!
And your meal looks delicious!!!
Al
Thanks Al! Yes its expensive for sure .I think I got these racks for $9.99 lb. But by the time you trim the fat cap off who knows how much it is per lb. I think id rather not know lol!

Looks perfect to me... I'd eat it daily, like Al....
Thanks Dave! I wish it was more popular around here. Id have it more often if the price came down some. Its rare to even find it here most times

Damn man that looks outstanding! I have one in my freezer right now was thinking about doing it for Christmas. Might not make it till then!

Damn man that looks outstanding! I have one in my freezer right now was thinking about doing it for Christmas. Might not make it till then!
Thanks! I know what you mean. Its hard to hold back on stuff like that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky