28 day Dry Aged Rib Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man, it looks like they turned out awesome!  Its been fun to watch this aging process.  Thanks for sharing it.

Red

Beautiful looking steaks. I can't wait to start mine.

Question, once you put it in the fridge, do you have to do anything to it? The way I've done it before I wrapped it in a cloth, and I'd have to change that regularly. Obviously you don't do that. My concern is the wife and I are going on vacation for a week at the end of the month. I'd like to pick up a rib in 2 weeks, get it in the fridge, and when we come back, have some delicious dry aged steaks. But obviously we won't be there to tend to i.
that might pose to be a problem as you always have to check on it every so often to make sure the parameters are correct. I do not use cloth as I feel it is unnecessary.

They look great! Was the salt stuck together from absorbing all the moisture in the fridge? Salt never goes bad will you reuse it. Do you know the most common salt used in dry aging? -Kurt

They look great! Was the salt stuck together from absorbing all the moisture in the fridge? Salt never goes bad will you reuse it. Do you know the most common salt used in dry aging? -Kurt
yes the salt was stuck together. I just put it in the oven for 20 minutes and its good as new to reuse!

I use Himalayan sea salt. You can get a 5lb bag from saltworks.com for $19 shipped.

yes the salt was stuck together. I just put it in the oven for 20 minutes and its good as new to reuse!

I use Himalayan sea salt. You can get a 5lb bag from saltworks.com for $19 shipped.
Great!  Thanks for the help.

I use coarse salt personally. And no I haven't buy I will try it! I had another steak the other day. Still just as good after it was frozen too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky