250 reverse flow build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I thought i would share the Feldon Calc link with my measurments.

the only thing that is a little strange from what I have seen on other builds, my chimney is a square pipe.  I caculated the volume and it matches the recomended pipe diameter.  I have 6 inch sqare and its ~29 inches  got the pipe for free and the math matched.  Its 1/4 inch thick and I actually like the way it looks compared to the circle stacks...

http://feldoncentral.com/bbqcalculator.html?cc=0,0,230,0,0,0,53130.00,17710.00&fb=25,32,24,0,0,19200.00,17710.00,108.4&ch=6.5,960.00,28.95&fi=11,3,0,57.60,1.75&fc=13.99,19.78,153.60

Last edited:
Excellent At this rate you're going to be ready to smoke in no time. and developing skills at the same time! and a father son thing to boot. Keep us informed. These are the best kind of builds

nice looking build i am currently in the beginning stages of mine.Drawings and calculation stage  was thinking of a 250 gallon build with rib boxes and gas assist kind of like a bubba grill smoker. But my brother in law might be able to get me a 500 gallon tank for nothing so plans might change.

Next, I started building the ash drawer.  I am really happy with this addition. It will keep the hot coals of the bottom of the box. It will also act as another air intake if needed.  Most importantly, it keeps the hot coals off the bottom of the box.  Its easier to replace a drawer than the bottom of that box.

Last edited:
I wish I would have thought to have the warming box open the way you did. Looking good Jack!
icon14.gif
Joel, It's never too late to remodel....   
lurk.gif

Thanks Solaryellow!  It was kinda an "oh yeah" moment when I started to make the cuts.   I had it planned on the back end, but changed it as I was making the cuts.  I had been drawing and planning it for months.  I thought of it right as I started to make the cuts on the back end...

Last edited:
I am starting to look into a sink addition on my reverse flow build. I am pricing out tanks. Any advice on a good tank size and brand for both fresh and grey water? I am penny pinching as much as possible. I was thinking of a 20 gallon, but they are more pricy than I expected.   Also, any advice on a good DC sink pump? All the pumps i see are rated for more GPH than I was hoping for...

Thanks!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky