25 Pounds of Goodness

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good- love home cured bacon - just ordered some bellies yesterday 

I'm with Piney on this... cold smoked bacon is great! Instead of rendering the fat, I like to cold smoke under 85 F.

Good luck with what ever you do!
Working on that!
icon_mrgreen.gif

218b4f95_105229731LL.jpg

Reactions: cowgirl
I finished up the bacon this morning.  I smoked it for 24 hours with apple.  I left it in so long because I was worried we would loose power in the hurricane.  Many in my area did loose powers, some are still without, but we never did.  Anyway, I thought it would stay safe in the smoker. I allowed it to rest in the fridge for a few days, then in the freezer to stiffen up for slicing.

I sliced it this morning.  I ended up with a 17 lbs of sliced bacon. By the way, it tastes great.

9f84d3b2_IMG_2884.jpg

I will next time.  It won't be long before I do it again.  This stuff tastes so good it won't last long.

Besides, bacon goes with everything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky