2019 New Years PR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 4, 2011
Montana - Big Sky Country
Here's a 5 lb Prime Rib I did with the Anova.

21hrs @ 130F

Absolutely the best I've had, tender and juicy, great flavor and awesome aujus makins.

Happy New Year 2019 :)

A 5lb'r from Sam's Club
2019 PR-1.JPG

A1 and Montreal Seasoning
2019 PR-2.JPG

Bag 1
2019 PR-3.JPG

Bag 2
2019 PR-4.JPG

Kitchen sink faucet extension works great for filling with hot water (short heatup time)
2019 PR-5.JPG

Into the Sous Vide
2019 PR-6.JPG

21hrs @ 130F
2019 PR-7.JPG

Blowtorch brown
2019 PR-8.JPG

Sliced up dinner
2019 PR-9.JPG

Thanks for looking

I did a couple of 19+ pounders last year using this technique (18 hrs @ 134.5 followed by 10 minutes in 500* oven instead of the torch), the thread is on here somewhere.

Very nice PR, the SV really makes it foolproof, doesn't it?

WoW, super impressed with how that tuned out. Love the ice chest addition. Great job

Thanks Doug, the ice chest I learned here from SittingElf... works awesome: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/48qt-sous-vide-cooler-mod.279836/#post-1896893

I did a couple of 19+ pounders last year using this technique (18 hrs @ 134.5 followed by 10 minutes in 500* oven instead of the torch), the thread is on here somewhere.

Very nice PR, the SV really makes it foolproof, doesn't it?

Thank you sir, the SV is amazing!

That looks phenomenal John, very nice!

Thanks man! Thanks for the like.

Oh Man!
My wife would love that!

My finger is sure itchy to click on one of these Sous Vide thingamabobs!

Oh man Sonny, I thought I was the last one to join the Sous Vide band wagon. It is so foolproof, and the results are phenomenal.

Get one!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky