2016 UK Smokers Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello Simon.  Side dishes are very welcome and needed.  Anything you wish to contribute will be appreciated.  Do you do a WICKED dip that can be served with crisps?

I'll bet your smoked goods would be wonderful; but don't miss the purpose of the weekend.  IF there is something you would like to smoke but not sure about; bring along your smoker and some meat and we are there to help you through it.  This is not a competition.  This is a "how to" weekend.  A learning process for us all.  More than one way to smoke a cat.  We will help you with 3-5 different ways to smoke that cat.  I will stand by you.  I will walk you through whatever I can ( I don't do fish).  If whatever you choose to smoke is not my forte; someone else will be there to help We were not born knowing how to burn meat  
icon_biggrin.gif
.  Step up Mate.  We all had to learn. Get stuck in.  You can do it.  Got faith in you.  We will help (I will help).  If you can not transport your smoker; maybe we can offer a smoker to show you how.  Let's just not start with brisket!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello Simon.  Side dishes are very welcome and needed.  Anything you wish to contribute will be appreciated.  Do you do a WICKED dip that can be served with crisps?

More than one way to smoke a cat.  We will help you with 3-5 different ways to smoke that cat.
Danny

Do not worry Simon, we will not be smoking any Cats!!!!

I'll bet your smoked goods would be wonderful; but don't miss the purpose of the weekend.  IF there is something you would like to smoke but not sure about; bring along your smoker and some meat and we are there to help you through it.  This is not a competition.  This is a "how to" weekend. 
If you cannot bring your own smoker but you do want to try to smoke something specific - even for the first time - then let us know. There will be some spare smoker space and you could work alongside someone else. We do take along spare smokers but space can be limited if we do not know in advance so it is best to let us know if you need room.

There is no pressure though. If you just want to turn up and watch, chat and eat then that is great too. As Danny mentioned, sides are always welcome and so are wine and beer.

No cats allowed AGAIN this year??  Steve NEVER let's us have any fun.  NEXT he will be telling us no road kill.  Wade; just bring the small smoker.  Looks like it will just be tinned tuna and spam AGAIN this year.  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

No cats allowed AGAIN this year??  Steve NEVER let's us have any fun.  NEXT he will be telling us no road kill.  Wade; just bring the small smoker.  Looks like it will just be tinned tuna and spam AGAIN this year.  :icon_biggrin:   Keep Smokin!
Danny

Thumbs Up
:ROTF

Steve.  Should we expect your usual green salad to go with the tinned tuna, spam and beans?  You make one heck of a good shredded iceburg lettuce salad.  Maybe push the boat out and go crazy and add some tomato to the salad this year; just for an experiment.  See how it goes.   
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Last edited:
We will start a new thread over the next few days to get things prepared for the meet. It will soon be upon us and there is lots to prepare. In the meantime if you can think about what you are looking to contribute (if anything - its not compulsory) and whether you need Smoker space provided. There will be limited additional space so it will be on a first come first serve and will need to be booked in advance.

This year we will be asking people to fill out some basic good practice food handling forms for anything they bring and if anyone is unsure about things like safe food storage temperatures and transporting food then please let us know in PM and we can provide this.

A variety of sides are always welcome but we would like you to let us know what you will be bringing in advance. There was a lovely selection of salads last year but even with everyone there we did not even make a dent in the 10 trays of beans that appeared on the day !

We will be having a free raffle this year and so if anyone would like to donate any prizes on the day they will be most welcome. We will add them to the prizes from the raffle last year that we forgot to draw 
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to seeing you all there 
icon14.gif

Hi all, especially those attending the 2016 Smokers Weekend"

I have had conversation with Danny, and there has been some mix up with his bookings. Can all that are booked onto the smokers weekend, please check there bookings and it is the correct weekend, 22-23 July.

I have been to the site today, and spoke with the wardens, but I was unaware of this problem. We look already to have a good turn out, better than last year, with still time for more to join us!

Thanks Steve

Hello All.  Thanks Steve for getting this posted quickly.  I was tied up at the time and wanted this out there as soon as possible.  The Missus spoke to the wardens twice today.  At the time you arrived Steve; they were not aware of any problem.  The mix up was picked up by Joan (warden).  She noticed we were booked on the wrong pitches for the wrong weekends.  Anyway; it was a mess.  We just don't want folks showing up and being told they are booked for next weekend. Please VERIFY YOUR BOOKINGS.  They still have pitches available so if you have not booked and plan to attend please book as soon as to ensure you get a pitch.

Danny

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky