2016 Custom Pits & Fabrication Concession Trailer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokefever

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Martinsburg WV
That's a sweet rig!! Also a sweet price!! You should sell this quickly! Good luck!

Is this an A1 or A5? Do you have an problems or issues with the unit? Just wondering why you're getting rid of it.

Is this an A1 or A5? Do you have an problems or issues with the unit? Just wondering why you're getting rid of it.

It's the A1. No problems with it at all. I love it, just been dealing with some health issues and haven't had much time lately to enjoy it.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm really looking at the A5 but not against an A1. Hard to beat the A1 for $2150 (without options). Still not sure what options I want or need but I'm looking to stay around the base price and maybe add an option or two if I buy the A1. Still a damn nice rig! Thanks again for your time. I guess I have to consider the long drive + hotel if I drive to either one of their locations to pick one up. Hmmm.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm really looking at the A5 but not against an A1. Hard to beat the A1 for $2150 (without options). Still not sure what options I want or need but I'm looking to stay around the base price and maybe add an option or two if I buy the A1. Still a damn nice rig! Thanks again for your time. I guess I have to consider the long drive + hotel if I drive to either one of their locations to pick one up. Hmmm.

Yeah I did the drive all in one day. The worst part was 95 because the condition it's in. Great company, great to work with and they even sent pics during the build. Good luck

Are you near Winchester and or Front Royal VA? I spent a lot of time in that area for K-9 school. Are there any of the upgrades that you wish you didn't get or ones you don't use? I'm just trying to stay around $2500 and I know that limits me but I figured it would get me started. After looking at some of your other threads, I see that I'm looking to do the same thing you are doing. I occasionally cook for friends and or parties of 50 or less. Was thinking of stepping up my game. Just wasn't sure the A1 would be big enough. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the reply!

Are you near Winchester and or Front Royal VA? I spent a lot of time in that area for K-9 school. Are there any of the upgrades that you wish you didn't get or ones you don't use? I'm just trying to stay around $2500 and I know that limits me but I figured it would get me started. After looking at some of your other threads, I see that I'm looking to do the same thing you are doing. I occasionally cook for friends and or parties of 50 or less. Was thinking of stepping up my game. Just wasn't sure the A1 would be big enough. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the reply!

Yea I'm about 30 mins north of Winchester. I can tell you this for certain, the A1 is plenty big. I can fit 35 10lb butts on at once. If you've seen the pics of it in action there should be no doubt about the capability of it. I don't regret any of the upgrades. The wood box comes in handy, as well as the propane burner on the side. There's two racks in the charcoal grill on the back and the warmer has 4 racks in it. I've had it maxed out more than a few times. Most I've cooked for is 200 so far, with no help. Total price out the door was a little over $4000. Not bad considering that I got the firebox upgrade as well.

Now you've got me thinking! I've got a big cook coming up on June 14th. Just ribs and sides but I am limited on space in my little cabinet smokers. Do you use the warming box? Seems like it would come in handy for sides and or ribs! Is the upgraded fire box needed if I want to actually start a catering business?

Now you've got me thinking! I've got a big cook coming up on June 14th. Just ribs and sides but I am limited on space in my little cabinet smokers. Do you use the warming box? Seems like it would come in handy for sides and or ribs! Is the upgraded fire box needed if I want to actually start a catering business?

You wouldn't HAVE to go with the upgraded box, but it is very nice. This cooker holds temps for hours. I also added the hotel pan to inside so I could put Apple juice/water combo for moisture. I'm always using the warming box. If you have a good sized fire going, the warming box does get a little hot but is a huge help. I don't foil my ribs until I'm ready to hold them in the warming box. I take them until they bend really easy and finish in the warming box. Also put a few pans of finished pulled pork and pans of mac n cheese in there as well. This is an extremely versatile unit. Well worth the money invested for upgrades and it will last a very long time

Well if by a very slim chance this doesn't sell (very slim chance)and you lower the price a little (your current price is very fair,I'm just on a budget) I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake! It looks like you made some really good choices when you ordered this rig. Whoever buys this will be getting one hell of a nice setup! Thanks for all your help and information! You helped make my decision to go with a Custom Pits and Fabrication A1 setup.

Gordon

Well if by a very slim chance this doesn't sell (very slim chance)and you lower the price a little (your current price is very fair,I'm just on a budget) I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake! It looks like you made some really good choices when you ordered this rig. Whoever buys this will be getting one hell of a nice setup! Thanks for all your help and information! You helped make my decision to go with a Custom Pits and Fabrication A1 setup.

Gordon

Right on, smart choice! If you need any guidance once you get it feel free to msg me

Reactions: k9tahoe

Gordon

Right on, smart choice! If you need any guidance once you get it feel free to msg me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky