2014 North Florida Gathering April 4,5,6

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
This years N Fl Gathering will be held April 4,5,6th we are located just outside Tallahassee, Fl and hope y'all can come join us. We look forward to seeing all of our old friends and making lots of new ones. As usual we will have unlimited tent spaces and limited 30 amp sites for RV's, if you want an RV spot with hookups please PM me as they go fast. As usual I will get with the hotel and get special rates for our members and when that is done will put the info into this post. 

You can find lots of info about this Gathering by doing a quick search in this section every member and their family is invited whether you've been a member forever or just joined yesterday. 

The property is located between Tallahassee and Chattahoochee if you plan to attend PM me and I'll get you exact directions.

As I remember things or things need to be added I'll add them to this post so check back once in awhile

The Hampton Inn will be our official Hotel and will be offering discounted room rates of $79.99+ taxes just call them at 850-627-7555 and tell them you are with the Smoking Meat Forums group confirmation number 85533025 and you would like to reserve one of the rooms from that block. Be sure to tell them whether you want a king or two queens. Here's the rest of the info for the hotel

Hampton Inn Quincy

165 Spooner Road

Quincy. FL 32351

I think all the RV hook ups are spoken for already but we have almost limitless dry camp spots or we can get spots at the KOA for a discount I'm sure

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! 
yahoo.gif
   Time for another road trip.
driving.gif

Reserving days on calendar now.
sausage.gif

It'll be great to see everyone again.
beercheer.gif

And
welcome1.gif
 some first timers as well.

Already marked the calendar... It will be great to see old friends and hopefully make new ones.... as usual it's gonna seem like an eternity until we can all get together again.... just got a fresh batch of "Blackberry"... hope I can save one of em....

Sherrie says we will be there ! If so, Cajun night Fri, night will be back.

Already marked the calendar... It will be great to see old friends and hopefully make new ones.... as usual it's gonna seem like an eternity until we can all get together again.... just got a fresh batch of "Blackberry"... hope I can save one of em....
Only 1 ???????. what are you going to drink????

Diana, Auggie & I plan on being there. We are actually in Panama City Beach now and was to go back to Missouri the first of March.  I can't think of a better reason to stay an extra month than THE gathering.

Last edited:
Great news Bob. I always look forward to seeing you and Sherrie's company. Maybe I can scrounge up summer sausage?

Did somebody say North Florida Gathering? :biggrin:

Me and the other hooligans have already been discussing it. Might be bringing yet another new hooligan as well.

I have a yearly charity event i participate in each year that falls on the same date but that is later in the day on Saturday so i think i might try to come up friday night and stay the night and spend the morning and part of the afternoon on Saturday.

Did somebody say North Florida Gathering? :biggrin:

Me and the other hooligans have already been discussing it. Might be bringing yet another new hooligan as well.

Joel... that would be great If you came this year... missed ya at the last one....

I missed it Keith. I would much rather be there than trying to figure out how our entire infrastructure went tits up. :(

Dayum......I will have the Burb full of wife and kids heading back north to Wisconsin from our timeshare in Kissimmee on the 5th.  Should I swing in?  I'll have to hang a left at I10E.

Dayum......I will have the Burb full of wife and kids heading back north to Wisconsin from our timeshare in Kissimmee on the 5th.  Should I swing in?  I'll have to hang a left at I10E.
Swing in and spend some time we're only 8-10 miles off I-10

quoting Charlie Daniels.... "I wonder if anybody would think I flipped... If I went to L.A. via Omaha" ... should be able to find another route North from the Tallahassee area

Glad so many people are making plans we look forward to seeing everybody again. It should be another great one

Vacation added to the work calendar today. Wed thru the follwing Tue.

My vacation was approved... See everyone there...... Hope you can make it Doug

Any request for Cajun Night on Fri?  Can't guarantee that you will get what you ask for but need some ideas????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky