2014 Michigan Get Together ( July 19 2014 )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I'm in.

Will be bringing my MES 40 and my Brinkman stick burner.

I am trying for a Friday late afternoon/ early evening arrival.

Will be staying in an RV.

Not sure what I'll be smoking yet
Hey john maybe you could do a breakfast smoke for the ones coming friday night instead of smoking dinner.  There is going more food then we can eat what with everyone smoking something and the fatties.  Just a thought.
I am new to fancy smoking and this forum. The get together sounds fun. How do I get involved and participate. Were is it located? Am I supposed to bring my smoker?, or can I chip in some cash to help those cooking to defray the cost. I built my first reverse flow smoker this winter and use it at a camp ground were we are seasonals, I am learning the cost of cooking for large crowds.
I sent you a PM. 

Stan

Hey john maybe you could do a breakfast smoke for the ones coming friday night instead of smoking dinner.  There is going more food then we can eat what with everyone smoking something and the fatties.  Just a thought.

I sent you a PM. 

Stan
Hmmm... Maybe I could smoke a Pork Belly Friday night and make breakfast burritos with it on Saturday morning.

How many people are you expecting to be there Friday night?

If I do that I may only bring my MES unless an additional stick burner is needed.

Also thinking of doing some of my famous (to me anyhow) Rib Doggies to snack on.

Thnx,

JohnB

Last edited:
Thanks john,

Breakfast burritos sounds good.  I would guess at this point 10-20 people for breakfast but now that they know about the burritos more might come early.  I will be there before 9 am.

Rib doggies look good and sounds great.

I think we will have enough smoker space so the MES should be enough.

Oh and I talked with Dave and he is still on the fence. He's working a lot of hours out of town lately, so he can't commit just yet. His SMF handle is Daver1208, so send him a PM with all the info if you can. Maybe that'll persuade him. Thanks.

Oh and I talked with Dave and he is still on the fence. He's working a lot of hours out of town lately, so he can't commit just yet. His SMF handle is Daver1208, so send him a PM with all the info if you can. Maybe that'll persuade him. Thanks.
Thanks Kurt.   Done

Towerclimber--2 butts, buns and homemade tater salad...I'm tryin like hell to get my smoker there but I may need space on anothers...ill know when the time frame gets closer

Well I already have a butt on the menu. .A fatties for throw down. .will do one for breakfast sat morning. A western omelet fatties perhaps.
Bacon onion rings..and a couple growler of craft beer. Should bring swimsuit? Is 3 butts too much with towerclimber...2?

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.  Things have been hectic for my wife and I right now.  Now have to make an unplanned road trip to CO to haul some stuff for Deb stepdad.

We still plan on attending your cookout.  We will bring  a pan or two of scalloped potatoes.  Maybe I can talk her into a desert too.  We will just have to warm the potatoes up to serving temp again is all.  So it might take an hour or so of rented space in someone's smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky