2012 Masterbuilt Smokers - NEW 30" & 40" Models!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you pay very close attention to the photos you mouse over you will notice the lower photo is the older model one and the top one is the change they made in the smoker, moving the temp and time controls to the front in the same flimsy plastic housing that the Master Forge has "both built by the same company" as I said before. Don't believe me call them and ask  1- 800-489-1581

I would find a retailer that still sells the model with the controller at the back top of the smoker. Or you can shoot Bearcarver a question about it he knows more than I do about this model smoker, plus years more experience.   
I don't know anything about the new model with the controls up front, other than to say it looks cool, and it has the top exhaust at a smarter place.

I will warn people though that a lot of these companies use stock photos, and the picture they show isn't necessarily the smoker you will get.

And I personally would not buy an MES from Sam's, but maybe that's just me.

Bear

Can I ask why Bear? Our Sams has the new model on display.. Is Walmart any better? We don't have a lot of Big stores in this county place
I'll tell you, at the risk of getting some people ticked off. I have been told by many that Sam's gets special deals from China for huge orders, and they don't care if the materials are lacking, like undersize wiring, etc. Last I checked (more than a year ago) most of the problem MES came from Sam's. Sam's even has a model with their own serial number. Wally would be the same.

One of the guys who told me this was a fire inspector who found that the reason my Son's Buddy's 4 car garage burned down, with his Corvette, Cycle, and a bunch of other things, was caused by the Bike's battery charger being plugged into an outlet strip from Sam's, with undersized wiring in it.

Nobody has to believe this, but I do.

Bear

I'll tell you, at the risk of getting some people ticked off. I have been told by many that Sam's gets special deals from China for huge orders, and they don't care if the materials are lacking, like undersize wiring, etc. Last I checked (more than a year ago) most of the problem MES came from Sam's. Sam's even has a model with their own serial number. Wally would be the same.

One of the guys who told me this was a fire inspector who found that the reason my Son's Buddy's 4 car garage burned down, with his Corvette, Cycle, and a bunch of other things, was caused by the Bike's battery charger being plugged into an outlet strip from Sam's, with undersized wiring in it.

Nobody has to believe this, but I do.

Bear

I don't know what to do...:(
I really want a smoke it but I want the 3 and its not in my price range at the moment. ;(
Lowes has there own brand (master forge), or maybe a Cajun injector. I DEFIANTLY want a extend warrantee also..
I'm allergic to charcoal. :(

I don't know what to do...:(
I really want a smoke it but I want the 3 and its not in my price range at the moment. ;(
Lowes has there own brand (master forge), or maybe a Cajun injector. I DEFIANTLY want a extend warrantee also..
I'm allergic to charcoal. :(
Don't you have a Cabelas near you?

Got mine there for $349. All stainless--inside & outside.

Bear

Only one online right now is the new 40 inch.. And it's not all metal :(
There again, as I stated above, those outfits on the internet use stock pictures, and Cabelas is one of them.

When I got mine, the picture showed black exterior, but they had 44 of them there in their warehouse----All were All SS, inside & out.

The only way you know for sure, is to see it yourself, or maybe call them, and talk to the guy on the floor, and ask him about the smoker right in front of his eyes.

Bear

I call the closest Calbelas and they have the new one also here.. All SS?
Good or bad????
Should I buy it from them? If all SS, I would, but that's me.
Do they carry a extended warrantee? Not sure. terms might be on web site.
Bear

It's the stainless door 40 inch they have.. Not all stainless..
I'm about ready to change my mind and go with a Bradley..
What do u think since I can't get the old MES 40 no where but sams and Walmart here :(

It's the stainless door 40 inch they have.. Not all stainless..
I'm about ready to change my mind and go with a Bradley..
What do u think since I can't get the old MES 40 no where but sams and Walmart here :(
I hate to actually tell you what to get, but if I had the choice between any MES 40 and a Bradley, I'd go with the MES 40, especially with the window & the remote..

Whichever you choose, make sure it has at least a 1000 watt heating element.

Bear

Same one I have except mine's the 40". Your link is to the 30". Everyone I know that's gotten the 30" has wished they had gotten the 40" before too long. And you will love the AMNPS. Get an assortment of woods so you can try different ones to find out what you like best with which meats. Oak, Peach, Pecan, Pitmaster's Choice & Apple are all standard in my inventory.

Steve

Last edited:
Same one I have except mine's the 40". Your link is to the 30". Everyone I know that's gotten the 30" has wished they had gotten the 40" before too long. And you will love the AMNPS. Get an assortment of woods so you can try different ones to find out what you like best with which meats. Oak, Peach, Pecan, Pitmaster's Choice & Apple are all standard in my inventory.

Steve
What Steve said.

I think you're talking about the MES 40, because it always goes to the MES 30, when you open the link. You gotta click on the other pic to get the MES 40 to show.

The MES 30 was definitely too small for me too.

Wish I'd have had my MES 40 when my Son brought me 10 fresh caught Salmon. I had to do them in 8 smokes !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky