20" Pipe RF Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Everything is Quite impressive, you sir have Mad Skills all around.

points.gif

Brrrrrr, was a balmy 5 degrees this morning! Had 10" of snow last Friday. Been too cold for any of it to melt as of yet. I'm ready to move to Hawaii!

No kidding! Where's Global Warming when you need it. I can't believe how cold it's gotten down South already. What's December-February going to bring?
We will likely get a few more days in the 70's but it always seems like we get several in the 20's before Christmas but this seems a bit early. At least the deer should start to rut early if this keeps up.

Len, light snow on the ground and it's been in the 20's-30's here in KS... and the rut has already begun!

Geo... this is an amazing build!
Looks-Great.gif

Len, light snow on the ground and it's been in the 20's-30's here in KS... and the rut has already begun!

Geo... this is an amazing build!
Looks-Great.gif
Thanks TheChuck! Good to see some deer hunters on here. I'll be heading even further North next weekend for opening day.

Should be a frosty season with snow on the ground, which is always a good thing. Good Luck to all you deer hunters out there.

Anybody ever smoke venison?

How's the smoker working out ?? Think I might "borrow" most if not all of your design if you don't mind ??
The smoker has worked out great. Much better than I could have ever asked for. It is very easy to keep any temperature you  want

and it's a great conversation piece. Of course you are welcome to use my design. I got a lot of the ideas from other similar threads here as well. Let me know if you ever have any questions.

Thanks

George

Millionaire's Bacon - For all you Bacon lovers out there (Who's Not, right?) We watched United States of Bacon last night on "Destination America" and couldn't resist trying this recipe. I didn't use the smoker cause it's about zero degrees right now. Just used the oven.

I had Bucky's Fine Meats & Sausage, LLC in Mukwonago slice half of a whole slab at just over 3/8". Great butcher by the way. He gave me a good deal on a whole 12lb slab for $3.99/lb.

Lay out the bacon on a rack inside a tray.

Add a generous amount of course ground pepper.

Dusting of Cayenne Pepper.

Pack the top with a layer of Dark Brown Sugar.

Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes on top. Will post the finished product later. Cook at 250 for 3-4 hours. It will be a late night and possible heart attack to follow.

After 3 1/2 hrs we have Bacon Candy. OMG, and I never say OMG. We ate half of it before retiring for the evening.

Had a cold bite in the morning but I think it's better hot out of the oven or at least warmed up.

Your build has so much WIN!!! it is simply sexy. And that bacon jerkey if off the hook, did you back it covered or right into the oven after seasoning?

Your build has so much WIN!!! it is simply sexy. And that bacon jerkey if off the hook, did you back it covered or right into the oven after seasoning?
Thanks KillerB! I put it right into the oven afer seasoning. If I did it again, I'd probably cook it at 275 for 3 hours to make it just a little more crunchy. Next batch this weekend. It's addicting, like Bacon Crack.

Last edited:
That was "is" a very neat smoker   I know you get a lot of comments

Gary

I have a friend in Dallas who had a bull smoker, he has since sold it, but it was neat looking   This was at a BBQ Comp. in Meridian, TX

I have a friend in Dallas who had a bull smoker, he has since sold it, but it was neat looking   This was at a BBQ Comp. in Meridian, TX

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. I might try to get into some local competitions around here this year, just for fun of course, I'm no professional.. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky