2 probe Thermometers what would you recommend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave turner

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
Enterprise, OR
I'm gonna have to order a thermometer soon. I'm on the fence about the Maverick. Lots of folks like it and yet, it also has a lot of bad reviews with the probes and such. Should i get 2 thermometers, one for meat and one for the smoker?   Or a thermometer with 2 probes? What brands and models do you guys recommend?    Please help.........Thanks Dave

I've had the Maverick ET-732 for about a year now and love it. It's maintained accuracy and never a problem. Just don't get the probes wet near where the wire goes into the probe. I've seen where some folks ensure no moisture/water gets in there by putting some Hi-Temp silicone sealer around the spot where wire meets probe.

Hve you looked at the thermo pen probes not the instant ones but the acuall probe one little spendy but heard thay are good I am looking at getting one

Love my Maverick 732 (just keep the probe wires from getting wet) for grill and meat temp.  When you wash it, just wash the probe, being careful not to get any water where the wire connects.  They're nice because the remote works anywhere in the house and I can sit and watch TV in the recliner or even sleep, with alarm thresholds set in case the grill temp gets too low or high, or when meat hits desired internal temp. I think you can find the 732 on Amazon for around $60.  Replacement probes are available ...

I'd also like a Thermapen instant read thermometer someday ...

Last edited:
Hve you looked at the thermo pen probes not the instant ones but the acuall probe one little spendy but heard thay are good I am looking at getting one
thermoworks is having a after christmas sale till 1-3-2013 . they have free stuff with orders over $49 and $99 , I got one that looks like a maverick with probes for $16.  I also got a new black with flames thermopen , got a oven thermometer and a IR thermometer free ! dang, I like free stuff !  

thermoworks is having a after christmas sale till 1-3-2013 . they have free stuff with orders over $49 and $99 , I got one that looks like a maverick with probes for $16.  I also got a new black with flames thermopen , got a oven thermometer and a IR thermometer free ! dang, I like free stuff !  
I know I have been on there web site alot don't know if I can swing it by 1-3 thou have a bow shoot with boy in Southern Idaho I have to save for next weekend, or else I would       great deals.

I'm gonna have to order a thermometer soon. I'm on the fence about the Maverick. Lots of folks like it and yet, it also has a lot of bad reviews with the probes and such. Should i get 2 thermometers, one for meat and one for the smoker?   Or a thermometer with 2 probes? What brands and models do you guys recommend?    Please help.........Thanks Dave
Just buy a maverick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky