2 Pigs Heads - Cook Split Between Pit Boss Kamado And Oklahoma Joe Offset Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mark in the pit

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017

Pig Heads

Ingredients:
Pig Heads
Yellow Mustard
Bad Byrons Butt Rub

Method:
Rub both ingredients (proportions to taste) on the pigs heads. I set in the fridge over night but that is not necessary.  Set smoker / grill to 250°F ~ 300°F.  Cook around 6 hours or until tender (roughly 1 hrs per lb).

I spray with 50/50 apple cider vinegar / apple juice about every 2 hours.

I particularly enjoy the cheek meat.  That is my goal.  Some people enjoy the tongue, eyes and brain.  I am a bit too squeamish to give those a try.

Well, maybe you can try making head cheese in a loaf pan sometime.. that uses all the stuff in its own jelly and you can make sandwiches with slices.

Last edited:
I orrigionally just wanted to use the offset. I like the way the all wood fire really brings out the flavor in the meat. There was a chance of rain and didn't want to have to pull off the offset to go on the kamado (which is on a covered porch). Also, I all ready had the kamado hot from an overnight brisket so it was easier to start there and hope for better weather later on.

I orrigionally just wanted to use the offset. I like the way the all wood fire really brings out the flavor in the meat. There was a chance of rain and didn't want to have to pull off the offset to go on the kamado (which is on a covered porch). Also, I all ready had the kamado hot from an overnight brisket so it was easier to start there and hope for better weather later on.
Makes sense. You also saved some fuel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky