2 chickens one on smoker one on charcoal grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
So today I picked up a second while chicken to cook along with the one I have already. Planning on spatchcock for both of them. Just putting one on the my MES 30 and one on the charcoal grill set up for indirect heat. Planning on 275 for the smoker sonde it’s as high as it will go and maybe Maple wood. And gonna try to keep the grill as close to that as I can to finish them close to the same time. Just planning on rubing bitter onset and on the skin and a simple beer can chicken rib bought from the store. Or maybe just some Lowery’s seasoning salt as that’s all I use on thighs and my family seems to like it. I’m thinking of maybe 3 hours to cook as a rough estimate/ however long it takes them to get to 165 in he breast. Hope it turns out good. I’ll post pictures once I get them going

I also purchased Jeff’s run recipes. Would one of those be good for a whole chicken?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky