• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

2.5 pound split breasts - need help

chriss

Joined Dec 7, 2009
I have a couple of split turkey breast from jennieo that are 2-2.5 pounds. I am looking at smoking them but now sure how long. I am guessing they will only take a couple of hours at 250 with my MES. I plan to put a rub and skin and inside skin. No time for a brine. Any tips would help such as

how long they may take so I can time things

should I do skin side up or down

Should I foil at any point

Thanks

cliffcarter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 28, 2010
... I am looking at smoking them but now sure how long...

how long they may take so I can time things

should I do skin side up or down

Should I foil at any point

Thanks
Cook them to an internal temp of 165° regardless of how long it takes.

Give yourself 3 hours plus a 1/2 hour rest at 250°, take your internal temp for the first time after 2 hours. YMMV.

Skin up.

Cover with foil during the resting stage.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Chriss, hello and welcome welcomr to our world.Cliff has you covered , however , make sure the breast is dry both on and under the skin. A Compound Butter (or oil mixtuer) can be placed munder the skin and help develope the crispyness .

I would cook as stated and have a Wonderful Holiday and as usual . . .

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.