1st spatchy roaster chicken on my new MES30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmposing

Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
First spatchy on my new MES. About 7 1/2 lbs. Used a 24 hr Slaughterhouse brine with a few slices of fresh ginger. Smoked with apple and pecan from a AMNPS. Hung it to dry for a couple hour to form its pellicle and then a good coat of a spicy cajun rub. Set the MES for 260 which gave me a steady 235 on my Maverick 733. 5 hours of sweet smoking got me to 170 in the breast from the Maverick and very surprising a reading of 172 from the MES built in probe. Those things usually aren't very close. Tender and very juicy. I think my family is really going to enjoy our new purchase.

Reactions: disco
I used the leftovers and made a smoked chicken pate for a party today. Needed to make much more because it was gone in about 10 minutes.

About 12 ounces of chopped smoked chicken

1/4 cup sweet onion
1/4 cup red bell pepper

1/4 cup celery

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/3 cup mayo

1/2 of package cream cheese

Put all in a food processor until fairly smooth.

If too thick add a little water.

Put in a bowl and chill well.

It will get thicker.

Serve with crackers or toast points.

The colour of that skin is stunning. You did way better on your first chicken smoke than I did.

points1.png

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky