1st Ribs w/ Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lubbocksmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Lubbock Texas
Hope these pictures come out. I thought people were kidding when they said "Ribs will pull off the bone"

I took some of these up to my wife's work for lunch and one lady actually tried to pay for them!! I told her they are free while I am learning.

Thanks to all you guys that gave me tips and advice. The only better would have been that the windstorm would have hit later in the day. In Lubbock we have 30 mile winds sustained.

Enjoy the pics. Do I have to turn my man card in if my wife said they looked beatuiful?

48837735_DSC03993.jpg
60bc55be_DSC03994.jpg
ce74f2d6_DSC03996.jpg
d47c5185_DSC03995.jpg

Great Looking Ribs,  They look like they have lots of meat on them...  And, the color is beautiful...

Those are great looking ribs and like the The Dude said talk to us man

Lubbock, Now those are some fine looking ribs! Beautiful color and with your wife's approval I am sure that the taste was out of this world.  It's that kind of Q that makes us all feel good.  So keep up the good work and keep the Q-view coming!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Yes those ribs were meaty, I got them @ Sam's for $20.00. It was 2 1/2 racks worth.

As far as rub goes I used a over the counter chicken and pork rub, "Grill Creations" by Durkee.

I smoked with Lump Charcoal and Mesquite, with a couple chunks of Hickory, I kept @ about 2:30 for 2/2/1. I used a mustard base , and spritzed them with apple juice and then when I wrapped them I put a little AJ in the foil with ribs.

I really enjoyed it except for the Dust storm yesterday.

Yes those ribs were meaty, I got them @ Sam's for $20.00. It was 2 1/2 racks worth.

As far as rub goes I used a over the counter chicken and pork rub, "Grill Creations" by Durkee.

I smoked with Lump Charcoal and Mesquite, with a couple chunks of Hickory, I kept @ about 2:30 for 2/2/1. I used a mustard base , and spritzed them with apple juice and then when I wrapped them I put a little AJ in the foil with ribs.

I really enjoyed it except for the Dust storm yesterday.
Looks like you put all that info you soaked up on SMF to good use. Great job on the ribs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky