1st phattieee Q vue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fireguy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Husker Country
Well, have been wantint to try a fattie since ive found the smf.... today was the day.... used italian suasage, pizza sauce, mozz cheese, shrooms, pepperoni, onion, peppers, and a bit of pizza seasoning..... ok, we are hooked now, it was egg-sa-laaaant... thanks guys...

FG - really nice looking fattie, the ingredients are primo!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks excellent, with all the ingredients, as I was scrolling down your pics, I was thinking, "all that moisture---blow out!" But, man you did it---i wish i was there--points for ya Fireguy!!!

Wow, you have done well! I've been wrestling with making a fattie, wondering about the moisture release from shroomers and onions, but you've shown it is not as big a deal as I have maybe made it out to be. I'm impressed with your first try and thank you for the pics!

Great job, looks better than Pizza Hut.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That is one fantastic looking piece of meat Fireguy. Thank you very much for the idea. I am definitely going to try that this weekend. I never would've thought of doing it as a pizza.

what was that 3-4 lbs or what. You the fatty king!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Oh man, I thought the fatty I made up was to die for. I think my next one I am going to give this a shot. Looks great! Love seeing all the different ideas for fatties.

thanks... now to the questions... Honestly, i didnt time it, and do to my et-73 probes out of com , I didnt even watch the temp much, sorry... I honestly only made it as an experiment, didnt serv wth any thing, kinda a app. though I have thought of slicing, sticking on a piece of garlic bread, then a splash of sauce on top for the whole pizzza effect. and yes it was about a 4 #er... how big are they usually??? I started half as big and just got carried away...as for blow outs... very close, seeped abit but no major blow outs.... thanks guys .... dang it is so goood

great looking fattie FG, i just did my first about a month ago, i also made a paizza fatty, pretty much did the same as you. i am hooked how about you?

yep, wife and I are already dreaming up the perfect, mex fattie, hamburget fattie, and the breakfast fattie.... I guess you could ay i am hooked

Now thats a fatty. 4lbs? The ones Ive attempted have been much smaller. I have had issues with blowouts (appropriate term) though. The good thing about it is that even the afflicted ones taste pretty darn good. Great job.

Good job on the fatty Fireguy ............. They are very addicting, possibilites limited to your imagination.

How you liking the cgsp with the lip mod ? I know mine holds heat real good and uses less lump.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky