1st Hot Sauce done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I love hot sauces and had to give this a go. Thanks for all the help guys. For my first one did not want to get to spicy. I went with onion, garlic and Habanero's. The flavor is very good but heat level could be higher. I will go with all peppers next time. I tried to add some of my Peach extract I use for making my peach spirits but really did not come through much. That stuff is expensive and did not want to put any more in. I will try adding a real peach next time. I really loving the Habanero flavor on this.

20230804_145406.jpg 20230812_084805.jpg

20230813_054439.jpg

I love hot sauces and had to give this a go. Thanks for all the help guys. For my first one did not want to get to spicy. I went with onion, garlic and Habanero's. The flavor is very good but heat level could be higher. I will go with all peppers next time. I tried to add some of my Peach extract I use for making my peach spirits but really did not come through much. That stuff is expensive and did not want to put any more in. I will try adding a real peach next time. I really loving the Habanero flavor on this.

View attachment 673345View attachment 673346

View attachment 673347
It's lookin good. Next round will surely be more impressive :D

It was a very nice job but you better say nice things...you enabler you!! :emoji_laughing: Between you, Jeff, and Joe, y'all have half of the forum doing hot sauces. I guess your position atop the Enablers Dynasty is secure for at least a little while longer.

Robert
Yep, now that I have the Vitamix they got me about to start asking about making a buffalo wing sauce clone of something like Louisiana or Franks buffalo sauce hahaha :D

Yep, now that I have the Vitamix they got me about to start asking about making a buffalo wing sauce clone of something like Louisiana or Franks buffalo sauce hahaha :D
Interesting you mention this. Our friend (and co-enabler) Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) just finished up a batch that he likened to "Frank's on steroids" so he may be able to offer some guidance.

Robert

Reactions: tallbm
Looking pretty good Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Interesting you mention this. Our friend (and co-enabler) Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) just finished up a batch that he likened to "Frank's on steroids" so he may be able to offer some guidance.

Robert
When I think Frank's style sauces I shoot for basic peppers sauces with no fruit or sweet component. 3-4 week 3.5% brine ferment of peppers only for me. Processing for a half gallon batch I add 1 to 1 1/2 cups brine , 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 teaspoon each of salt , onion powder and garlic powder. These are approximate. I start with half, taste and adjust. Once flavor is where I think it's good I add 1/4 t xanthan to help reduce separation. I always rest the blend overnight in a jar to let air bubbles settle and flavor to adjust. I've found that most bitterness you taste on day 1 is gone after th overnight rest .Pepper or blend of peppers you pick dictates heat

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
It was a very nice job but you better say nice things...you enabler you!! :emoji_laughing: Between you, Jeff, and Joe, y'all have half of the forum doing hot sauces. I guess your position atop the Enablers Dynasty is secure for at least a little while longer.

Robert
Thanks Robert. While this not that spicy that Habanero flavor is crazy good. I can't keep up with everything lately.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky