• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1st Butt...w/QView

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 14, 2010
Hi all,

After seeing DeanNC's "1st butt since Christmas", I decided to take his advice and go for it myself.  So, here it is!  It was spectacular!  It was a 7.5lb roast, a little bit of fat trimmed then coated with mustard then Jeff's rub, awesome as usual!  Spritzed every hour with Apple Juice and Kahlua (50/50), hickory wood, foiled at 165° (with apple juice and Kahlua mixture) and pulled at 205°.  It had awesome bark even after foiling.  Oh, I sprinkled a little extra brown sugar on it before I closed up the foil.  Mrs. hmcm made up some homemade baked beans and coleslaw to go on the side.  Now for the picks!  Thanks for looking!  This making me hungry!

bamafan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 4, 2008
Great lookin pork. I need to get busy and make some more. Looks like it wan't the first time to me.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Looks good, we have shoulder on sale for 1.28 getting some tomorrow, yours look great

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Look mighty tasty, Harold !!!!

Thanks for showing!

Bear

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
If that's your first time you have a very smoky future my friend. Nice jobbbbb! (sorry, for the drool on the keyboard) 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.