1st Butt...w/QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Upland, California
Hi all,

After seeing DeanNC's "1st butt since Christmas", I decided to take his advice and go for it myself.  So, here it is!  It was spectacular!  It was a 7.5lb roast, a little bit of fat trimmed then coated with mustard then Jeff's rub, awesome as usual!  Spritzed every hour with Apple Juice and Kahlua (50/50), hickory wood, foiled at 165° (with apple juice and Kahlua mixture) and pulled at 205°.  It had awesome bark even after foiling.  Oh, I sprinkled a little extra brown sugar on it before I closed up the foil.  Mrs. hmcm made up some homemade baked beans and coleslaw to go on the side.  Now for the picks!  Thanks for looking!  This making me hungry!
icon_biggrin.gif

f62222ed_DSCN2457.jpg

de823754_DSCN2463.jpg

cc12cc25_DSCN2465.jpg

bcb0606a_DSCN2467.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky