1st build done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cromag

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Sevierville Tennessee
d5004ca1_1.jpg

cff8a42e_2.jpg
27ddc4ff_3.jpg
fe49f7ad_4.jpg
31510f8d_5.jpg
c58510ee_6.jpg
b94da2aa_7.jpg

I do have a third rack down above the basket for a water bowl but I haven't gotten a metal bowl yet so I am using a very large tin turkey pan and I have thrown on a 9 lb pork loin just to test this thing and I have to say I love it. It's been holding 225 since I started. I guess the thing I need to figure out is when smoking a brisket or butt to make sure I have enough fuel and wood so I don't have to remove the racks before I'm done cooking

I am using a threaded rod in the middle of the basket bolted through the bottom and the top I have an i hook so I can use my rod and hook it in the middle to pull it out.

Cromag, AWESOME!! Glad ya got it up and running. After a couple of smokes you'll be dialed in.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  Don't forget the money shot.

Hey, that has the same exact bend in it as the last loin I cooked on a drum. LOL But I told the kids that I was cooking a big snake.

Nice work on the drum.

icon_cool.gif

Now your smoker looks fabulous and what comes out of it looks awesome too. Now you will enjoy that UDS for many years to come I'm sure or that.

Thanks everyone.. First big smoke on the UDS is coming Oct 17th.. a brisket, a nice size butt and a couple of ribs at once...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky