1st brisket and boston butt on my Old Country Pecos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
7 hrs at 200 - 235° cookin temp and the int. Temp is only 145°, on the brisket. Stokin the firebox with coals from stick wood fire. How am I doin this being my 1st brisket...

Charcoal is what l been using but this burn was started with Kingsford blue then I kept feeding with oak coals from the fire pit... never smoked this long with this rig before

Hey HogHeadHale,

I have a question, I've seen that thermometer on the right in Wamart and was wondering how good those it work for you?  By the way, that meat looks goooooood!

If you can find one with acceptable fit and finish, Old Country's have to be one of the best bang for the buck offset smokers you can get from a big box store. Thicker steal, grate-level exhaust, slide out expanded steel cooking racks, built in baffle, warmer on top of firebox. Really a great rig for the money. Had it about 4 months and enjoying it a lot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky