1st attempt Canadian Bacon - a little too salty and ham-like but still good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Dave!  Yep, we have a daughter that works in the health and beauty section at Whole Foods and the first thing she did was recommend the BC concentrate.  Wife's been drinking it down.

I actually cooked the meat to 160F so good to know the nitrites break down.  Just a curious coincidence that it happened when it did and preserved foods is one of the causes of gout.  Not worried though and understand it was probably a whole mess of circumstances that caused her first incidence. 

I ate a Dungeness crab yesterday that was really full of urea..... the ammonia flavor was pretty prevalent... Glad I am not subject to gout.... yet ..... I'm sure that would have had me crippled up......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky