1st attempt at pulled pork with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No worries. I don't know about the others, but I kind of like the "play by play" threads. Makes it like we're almost right there with ya.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Now pass me a beer, would ya?
biggrin.gif

Dave

Thanks!

I'm drinking Merlot from a box, and I'm proud of it -- I don't care what the wine snobs say!

Here's one for ya:

zc1dy.jpg

Cheers!
-Bret

The temp just got up to 204* so I took it out, wrapped it in a towel, and put it in a cooler. Unfortunately, the pan juices burned, so I can't use them for a finishing sauce. Next time I'll take them out when I foil it.

I'm looking forward to my midnight snack.
smile.gif

The bone fell out while I was taking it out of the foil.

vnjymf.jpg

And here it is pulled:

20g1i1e.jpg

Like I said, the lighting in my kitchen sucks, so it's hard to really see it in the pics.

Oh, man, this stuff is so good! It has a unique flavor that I can't even describe. I can definitely taste the hickory and the rub in it, though. It's gonna be great on a sammich with some sauce, but it's so late now -- I think that I'll stick it in the fridge and wait until tomorrow. I had a bite like 10 mins ago before I started this post, and the awesome taste is still in my mouth. YES!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thank you everyone at SMF for teaching me how to make some incredibly delicious pulled pork!!!

Cheers!
-Bret

Hey Bret, you know what???
That pulled Pork looks GREAT !
Well worth a few of these----->>
points.gif

Thanks for showing,
Bearcarver

I always throw in a crushed charcoal lump at the beginning. It helps raise the temp as I heat up the MES, and I add another after the first hour of cook. I do get a smoke ring, but it may not be as wide as with other kinds of smokers.

I add a bit more apple juice or water, if it seems to be cooking down too fast. It helps to retain the dripping juices.

It looks wonderful. When's lunch....or even breakfast? Roll it in a tortilla with a bit of cheese and you're good to go.

I saw someone posted previously about this but i'll say it again. If you put a couple of lit briquets in your chip tray it will help you get a light smoke ring. More than w/ just the wood chips.
Also ,Is there a reason that you probe the meat in it's raw state ? There has been some discussion about this not being a safe practice .

You did a great job and I know that it taste really good. I also know that it was a little stressful while doing your first. It was for me. I was not drinking any wine but I was drinking the hell out of that beer. It was a all nighter for me. Cant wait to do another one...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'll second that. Makes it almost like being there! Congrats on your successful first run at pulled pork.
points.gif

It looks like you have a fine day for a smoke! Already injected, less work... It will be a great smoke I bet.

When you get around to injecting, I have been injecting mine with Cherry Dr. Pepper. I have got allot of great feedback from folks who have eaten it. Worth a try as is any other recipes out there. I have a post on it with HD video showing the entire process. Apple juice with some Cinnamon & brown sugar is good too.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=91224

Enjoy the sun and thin blue smoke!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thank you, everyone!!!

Since it would be a crime to eat all of this by myself, I called up my cousin, and I'm taking it over to his house Saturday evening.

What's the best way to heat it up? Maybe I should toss in some apple juice and warm it up in the oven around 300*? Please tell me!!! I don't want it to dry out.
confused.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky