• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1950's refrigerator - cadmium on the racks

gusdorman

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I am beginning a 1950's refrigerator conversion. Does anyone have and real info on the dangers of cadmium on the existing racks? I doesn't seem like the temperatures will get high enough for it to come off on the food and cause any problems...?? Is there a test that can be done for cadmium?~Gus

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I am beginning a 1950's refrigerator conversion. Does anyone have and real info on the dangers of cadmium on the existing racks? I doesn't seem like the temperatures will get high enough for it to come off on the food and cause any problems...?? Is there a test that can be done for cadmium? ~Gus
Get some Que mats from Todd. that should keep the food off and make cleaning easier

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Gus, morning......  Junk the shelves....   It's not worth poisoning you family....  

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello.  Just the fact you are concerned and asking the question says it all.  If in doubt just think it's people you love who will be eating this food.  JUNK 'EM!  Keep smokin!

Danny

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.