15lb shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregvega

Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I'm going to do a 15lb shoulder, I've never done a biggun like that. Any tips on cook time and keeping it from drying out on a long smoke?

is that a single piece of meat or 2 put together?  if its a single piece its from "hogzilla"  anyway, you can cut the shoulder down to an easier size to smoke if need be.

If it's in cryovac i'd bet it's 2 butts to a pack.

I agree---It's probably 2 shoulders in one pack.

If not I would cut it in 2 pieces.

Bear

It's still froze, wife bought. I was thinking it had to be 2. Its cryo packed and looks seamless, so I'm hoping its 2.

I'm betting it's 2 as well. The way they pack them they really look like one piece of meat.

It has to be two, could you imagine the size of that thing it came from if it is just one...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky