150 gallon reverse flow trailer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dstiltz

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
forney tx
Got started last weekend was able to get the legs cut off tank and get it measured up for the fire box and door holes. Its a 24"×80" tank plan on building a reverse flow trailer with a top that has foldout sides . Once I figure out how to add pictures i will

Resized_20180319_202206_7608.jpg
20180319_214007.jpg

This will make the 4 th smoker i have bulit .They are fun to build and see the end result of accomplishment is a good thing. I will be building my trailer from the ground up. I probably could use advice on the axle placement. The trailer will be 10 ft by 64" in wide with a top with fold out sides. Main tubing will be 2×3 11 gu. I am on call for the next week so probably wont get much done this week.

That's a skinny tank, should be good for surface area with out having to reach deep inside.

Not your first build so I assume you've accounted for th slight decrease in flow having a long skinny cooker?

View attachment 358343 View attachment 358343
That's a skinny tank, should be good for surface area with out having to reach deep inside.

Not your first build so I assume you've accounted for th slight decrease in flow having a long skinny cooker?
Yea i read that somewhere on one of the threads been researching for a while built the fire box last summer been saving the money for the trailer metal thanks for the in put. Does it matter if i bring the fire box up another 4 inchs but cut my hole 4in down to allow more ground clearance for the fire box so I wont have the cc to high for me reach from the ground?

Message_1521764912308.jpg

Tank is 80 x24 and right now my fb is into cc at 10" I was just mocking up them just looking at measurements. Would like to move it up 4 " any other input on air would be appreciated my opening needs to like 22x9

Reactions: brute
Well got fire box welded to cc tonight,going to start on trailer tomorrow anyone that any advice on axle placement would be helpful?

Slightly towards the rear, give yourself a tounge weight that's comfortable for your vehicle.

I'm in the same spot of trying to figure where to put mine.

You could attach a short section of rail to your springs, that way you can adjust your axle back and forth if needed. The trailer rail can ride right on top. Bolt and weld it in place when you've got it set

Well got the doors 3/4 done got the fire box opening cut, burning out cc so i can get ready for the rf plate. Should there be 2 drains in the pit i usually see just one coming from the rf plate . Does there need to be a second in case grease gets under the rf plate? My doors are a little warped , I thought when i cut them out i thought the tank or doors looked off . Anybody have any suggestions on how to bend these dudes?

Slightly towards the rear, give yourself a tounge weight that's comfortable for your vehicle.

I'm in the same spot of trying to figure where to put mine.

You could attach a short section of rail to your springs, that way you can adjust your axle back and forth if needed. The trailer rail can ride right on top. Bolt and weld it in place when you've got it set
I was thinking about doing that very thing. Thanks for the advice

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky