14.5" wsm and party q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rdwhahb

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Dighton, Mass.
Is a party q over kill on the 14.5 wsm. I would like to install one but dont want to purchase it and it be over kill. Also what would be the best position for the guru adapter to face in side the smoker. I know guru says pointing down but wouldnt that just blow all the ash all over the food?

hi there! I used a partyq on my 14.5 wsm for quite a while - LOVED IT! Highly recommend without hesitation. makes it a set it and forget it (nearly). Also extended available cook time. I aimed the adapter down and to the slide slightly as not to blow ash. worked fine.

I ran it on overnight cooks well over 12 hours on a full load of coals minion style (no water in the bowl). Even pulled it through an overnight downpour - woke up to the rain and thought well that brisket is toast now...when I got outta bed hours later - 225 right on the money. :)

Buy one and enjoy more free time and less worry!

If you have any experience wiring, you could make your own pit controller for under $100.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky