13Lb Packer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
I’ve seen people post videos and I have some from a brisket cook and wanted to post it but can’t figure out how. If anybody had any pointers throw them my way and ill put one up of the final product. Here’s the picture I have otherwise. 13LB packer in the Rec Tec. this one called for Low and Slow to let me get some shut eye. Rubbed with a combo of Meat Church Holy Cow and Meat Church The Gospel. Pit ran at about 250 from 11pm to 9 in the morning and the. I pumped it up to 300 for the last hour to get me to 201 where I was happy with it. About a 4 hr rest and then sliced flat and pulled the point. Been doing hot and fast but this one made more sense this time and it was fantastic. Over the years I’m learning there’s no right or wrong way- just want makes sense that day. Here’s some pics but this brisket jiggled like jello, will post video if I can figure it out.
F7EBECCB-40E1-42FC-B927-E8C3BD82CECA.jpeg
926CE497-BE6A-4343-A62E-4CF3FA0A9B6F.jpeg
64F887B5-672F-4504-964B-E98D1C9FDB98.jpeg
CC276480-66CB-44C0-BED4-09EF4D0133AE.jpeg

thanks Chile. Here are a couple. It was excellent. Could it have used another 30 minutes - probably. But it’s Que, and it was as good as I’ve done. As you’ll hear my 10 yr old thought is was hilarious I was actually recording it. But some day he’ll get that well cooked brisket is worth video 😆

Last edited:
Looks great! My kids are always on me about taking pics, I don’t think they appreciate good bbq as much as I do :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky