11 lb. Picnic with pics!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
IMG_20190103_224305.jpg

So whole picnic was still on sale at ye ol Publix so decided to skin one and do some pulled. Rubbed with "squel like a pig" pork rub I came across on YouTube. I like the rub but did cut the pepper in half. Sprinkled with raw sugar and then on the WSM with digiq and oak wood at midnight last night. 235.

IMG_20190104_083526.jpg

Woke up around 8 am. and here she was. Didn't even bother taking temp. I let her ride until around noon. I took temp at that point and she was at 180ish.
IMG_20190104_145644.jpg

At this point I put her in a pan with some apple juice, pads of butter and some more rub. Sealed her tight and back on the smoker at 250.

More pics below...

Done when the bone slid out o so easy. I can't get that pic to attach. I also can't get the final product pic to attach. I'm on mobile so I'll try again later.

That PP looks mighty fine to me. Nicely done.

Point for sure.
Chris

Great looking pork! Nice job. What was the total cook time?

Thanks, gents for the the positive comments!
15ish hours. 12 hours to get to 185. Wrapped in the foil pan until finished. 235 for first 12, 250 until done.

Thanks, gents for the the positive comments!
15ish hours. 12 hours to get to 185. Wrapped in the foil pan until finished. 235 for first 12, 250 until done.
15 hours!?
Would you consider that the norm?
(I'm a newbie and I was thinking of doing a picnic for my first ever smoke...)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky