10+ pounds of beef yields 4.5# of delicous jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Great North Woods, NH
Sale on London Broil for 2.79 a #, so I bought  a little over 10 pounds .I trimmed it up and lost 1 pound

The trim goes to the fox at work who loves snacks

Into the manual jerky slicer it goes for nice even cuts

Same recipe I always use and have posted on SMF previously.Here are the goodies dry and mixed.

Into the brine for a 24 hour stay with multiple stirrings .Removed and then air dried (ended up with nine trays) for an hour before putting in the smoker for a two hour smoke with hickory chips at 165*

Removed when at the right texture after about 5-6 hours with a yield of 4.5 pounds of excellent munchies!

Last edited:

Looks great CM!

I love that jerky slicer!

Point!

Al
Al, Thanks sir, the slicer is a time saver

Looks great!

I have several LB in the freezer waiting to become jerky. May have to get them out and into my brine.

Point!
DS2003, The jerky from LB is great !
Looks great that slicer sure looks handy!
B. TY ,the jerky is good and it takes longer to clean the slicer (5 minutes) than it takes to slice up 10# of steak!

Very nice!

I, too, love that jerky slicer gadget.  Would've saved me a lot of work on the last batch I made!

I also like your fox!  Very cool to have one hanging around close-in.

And you made a good score on that London Broil at that price, too.

4.5# seems like a lot of jerky.  But it's surprising how quickly it goes away, isn't it?  :)

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky