10-Minute Warning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
My busy engineer daughter gave me a 10 minute warning she wanted to drop by and for dad to cook her dinner. I’m a softie and I’ll do anything for that girl. So I fired up the KUDU, quickly thawed some shrimp, boiled some couscous, cut some fresh tomatoes, and we had a great little meal super fast. CBE84BB0-E5D5-403A-975E-4249A665D38C.jpeg
Shrimp cooks so quickly and I had a humble but tasty flap steak in the fridge. I surprised myself how fast that all came together. I guess I’ll have to keep more shrimp on hand from now on.
FEBE931B-3A90-4424-9561-73E4EA8CB921.jpeg

That’s a great grill! My wife organizes one family meal a month with our grown kids, but I love it when they just stop by too. I just don’t get the 10 minute warning. I guess we must be doing something right if the kids still want to stop by and spend time. Nice job on dinner.

That’s a nice plate of food! We always have shrimp on hand! Quick and tasty every time!

Our daughter comes to the house for smoked meat, it seems she can smell it from her place and just shows up for some….. And takes the left overs… double left overs… lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Sven Svensson
Nice job!
That grill is cool. I just looked them up and I want one.
It’s hard to admit but this is my go-to outdoor cooker. About 75% of the time I cook with oak logs which is why I chose the Kudu. I have a Yoder and a PK but wanted to cook on real wood without getting a stick burner. This has been perfect for me. I’ve even been able to do some great low-and-slow smokes using the big dome accessory. It’s perfect for empty nesters or small families. Bigger cooks for more folks I’ll use the Yoder but the Kudu is perfect for everyday use.

Gee Sven, if I was flying in and gave you a day notice and you fed me that meal, I’d have it smeared to my ear lobes. Looks fantastic for a 10 minute meal. Nice work.

• Haha
Looks great, Sven!
I've only used the Kudu a couple of times this year but the same goes for the offset.
Our favorite is a wok cook. I can't do a wok in the house but that fire gets a wok screaming hot.
Alas, I don't have any pics.
It's nice to be able to just pull wood from your fireplace pile and not worry about it fitting in the firebox.
The Mrs. is asking for another wok cook and she likes shrimp. You're giving me ideas :-)
It's the time of year when standing by an open fire isn't so bad.....
Kudu.jpg beans.jpg

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky