1.5 hp Cabelas grinder.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
0FD3F7E1-7195-4236-9338-48E04FDB36DB.jpeg
Been using a kitchenaid grinder last couple years, picked this bad boy up last night. Bought it used from a buddy for $200. Came w all accessories and a foot pedal and extra blade. Pretty stoked.

Congrats that's a heck of deal. That's a big jump up now your gonna need a whole lot more meat to grind cause that is gonna grind it quick :emoji_sunglasses:

So this thing also has a foot pedal. I can’t see the need when grinding, but it makes me think I ought to give the stuffer a try. Anyone have any thoughts? My lem mighty bite does great work but this ought to make quicker time of a 25lb batch of summer sausage no?

makes me think I ought to give the stuffer a try.
I have the same grinder, rips through a deer or a boar in less than 10 minutes!
Yes I've used it to stuff, quite a bit actually. It works, I used it for years until I got a dedicated LEM stuffer. I find that even though my stuffer is only 5 lb, thats what I use, it just seems to be easier & do a better / more consistent job. Also note that the grinder will heat up the meat a little bit, especially when stuffing... another minor reason to use the stuffer since you have one.

I have the same grinder, rips through a deer or a boar in less than 10 minutes!
Yes I've used it to stuff, quite a bit actually. It works, I used it for years until I got a dedicated LEM stuffer. I find that even though my stuffer is only 5 lb, thats what I use, it just seems to be easier & do a better / more consistent job. Also note that the grinder will heat up the meat a little bit, especially when stuffing... another minor reason to use the stuffer since you have one.
I have the same lem 5lb (mighty bite) and have reverted back to it as opposed to the grinder. Nevertheless I’m very pleased with the grinder and since deer season has arrived, it’s gone get a ton of use!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky