“NINJA” Final New Toy?? (We’ll See)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
“NINJA” Final New Toy?? (We’ll See)

OK Guys, I’m hoping this will be the last toy I need to purchase.
I got this “Ninja Foodi XL Smart Grill” for Christmas, and I’ve been experimenting with it for the last 10 Weeks.
I’ve been doing all the same things I’ve done with my other toys for the last couple years, to see if this new Toy can do all of the same things the combination of all the other Toys can do.
It not only does all those things as good as the others do, but in most cases Better than they did.

I feel bad about getting many of you to buy the Air Fryer #360, only to stop using it now, but it is still a Great Tool.
I’ll explain more of that when I get to the pictures & my stories on each Toy (Below).

So when I’m done here, our kitchen won’t be so Jammed up, and the only Toys left on my Kitchen counters will be my “Sous Vide Supreme” for doing SV, and my “Ninja” will be doing everything else.

So you can expect to see this Ninja on a regular basis, for awhile.

Thanks for Stopping in,

Bear

So let’s start by reviewing the order of the Toys I got, that are now being Retired:

RETIRED
#1 Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 Quart

This was a well built little thing that does a great job on a lot of items, but due to it’s small size can only do up to 5 Sausages or Hot Dogs at one time, or 2 or 3 Chicken Legs or Thighs, One small Steak, one Pork Chop, or a very small amount of French Fries:
IMG_0904.jpg

RETIRED
#2 Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer #360

This is a very useful unit that can do all kinds of Air Frying, and lots of other things.
It seems to be made on the cheap side, but it does a good job on a lot of items, especially Chicken, Fish, Sausage, Dogs, Fries, and many other things.
The only problems mine had were the digital screen started blinking off & on, and got to the point where it was off more than it was on. I didn’t like the Rotisserie at all because there really isn’t enough room for much of anything there, if you use the Baking Pan under it, like they tell you to. The Spit also lags behind a lot, and then lurches forward all at once, in a Jerking Motion.

Also: Even though I use the pans where they are supposed to go, Oil comes from somewhere & gets down inside the bottom section, and slowly leaks out, and leaves little puddles of oil on the counter every time I move it.

Other than those problems, this thing does an awesome job on about everything I’ve thrown at it.
If it wasn’t for the Ninja Being so much better, I’d stick with this #360. Plus The Ninja was a Christmas Gift:
IMG_4320.jpg

RETIRED
#3 Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Removable Grill and Griddle Plate, Nonstick Cooking Surfaces, Glass Lid, 1500 Watt, (21X 15.4X 8.1)

This Thing seems to be built pretty decent, and does a good job Grilling Burgers, Steaks, and such, and also has a Griddle Plate you can drop in, instead of the Removable Grill. It works real good, but it’s kinda limited in things it can do compared to #2 (above) and my New Ninja:
IMG_5188.jpg

#4 Sous Vide Supreme Water Bath

This is what I use for doing SV. It does an Awesome Job every time.
It never is farther off than 0.3°—It is Usually only 0.1° plus or minus, if at all off of Dead On.
You don’t hear a peep out of it, because there is no circulator running.

I love this thing & would never part with it or Retire it.

The only weakness I can think of would be it’s capacity, but it’s fine for us.
The biggest thing I Ran through it was an 8 pound Beef Eye Round @ 131° for 30 hours, and it had no problem at all.

So this Toy has a Permanent home on my Kitchen counter top, right next to my sink:
SVS-Touch__11L_product-image-front_2048x2048.jpg

So Now We get to the New Star of My Kitchen:

Ninja Foodi XL Smart Grill

OK Guys, I gotta tell you, I’m really getting attached to this Cooking Machine:
It makes Sausage & Dogs even Better than the other 3 Toys above, with room for plenty.
It makes Great Steaks, especially when I use the Smart Sensor included with the unit.
It makes the best Fries, when I hand cut them, or if they’re frozen, and not just a few, like I was limited to with Toy #1 (above).
The Chicken parts are Awesome, either from this unit’s Grill, or from it’s Air Fryer Crisper.
I can’t wait to try some Fish, because I know that will be fantastic.
The only thing I gotta change is Pizza. I gotta try putting the Mozzarella on top, with the Pepperoni under it.
That’s because when I made a couple Pizzas the other day, the Air Fryer Fan blew the Pepperoni right off the tops of the Pizzas.
I can’t be having that—I had to pick them up & put them back on top of the Pizza!!!

This thing says it does other operations too, but I’m plenty happy with just Grilling & Air Frying, especially the way this stuff has been coming out for me!! I might not even get around to all of the other things. (Roast, Bake, Broil, Dehydrate)

Here is the Ninja when closed, and it has just finished Preheating & is telling me it is time to put the food in it:
IMG_6882.jpeg

Here is the Ninja with some cut up Strips of Ribeye Grilling in it:
IMG_6802.jpeg

Ninja with French Fries in the Air Crisper Basket:
IMG_6859.jpeg

The End (or is it?)

Last edited:
Nice write up on the gadgets . I've been thinking about a counter top electric grill for awhile now . I had a Jenn-air electric range in my last house . I miss the grill pod .
Had some fish from a local fish fry last night . Just reheated in the 360 . Comes out like it was just fried .

Reactions: MJB05615
That ninja looks awesome! Had to go and look it up right away and what do you know? I can get one at local costco for $209.00.not too bad! A trip is in order.thanks for the review.

I still don't have room for them new toys. Knives yes pans yes
So now maybe you can look at the Ooni Pizza Oven LOL
Richie

All you need is a Indoor Smoker, and you'd never have to leave the house...JJ

Reactions: HalfSmoked
to see if this new Toy can do all of the same things the combination of all the other Toys can do.
Hi Bear, from our talks , mine is coming very soon, and from the cooks you have showed us so far. It seems like a great new tool for your kitchen. And now with more room on the countertops Mrs. Bear can make more of her famous desserts, so i can copy them
David

That is an amazing product, Bear. I looked on line and there seems to be 2 or 3 models, maybe some are the older versions. They are priced from $229-249 round these parts and amazon, etc.
Is it easy to clean, even the Grill part? When grilling does it produce much smoke? Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of it before you started posting, and it's a great product.

That is an amazing product, Bear. I looked on line and there seems to be 2 or 3 models, maybe some are the older versions. They are priced from $229-249 round these parts and amazon, etc.
Is it easy to clean, even the Grill part? When grilling does it produce much smoke? Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of it before you started posting, and it's a great product.

I watched You-Tube Competition, and I like this model the best.
Mrs Bear paid $279, but that had pretty many things with it. (She didn't shop real hard)
Mrs Bear said everything cleans easily.
I haven't seen even a wisp of smoke.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Geez John, ribeye, yardbird, and fries, looks to me like you're getting the hang of that new toy fast enough! Like! RAY

Reactions: Bearcarver
I watched You-Tube Competition, and I like this model the best.
Mrs Bear paid $279, but that had pretty many things with it. (She didn't shop real hard)
Mrs Bear said everything cleans easily.
I haven't seen even a wisp of smoke.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Thanks. Now I gotta see if I am "worthy" of getting this with the Mrs' blessing. Probably gonna be a little while.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Nice write up on the gadgets . I've been thinking about a counter top electric grill for awhile now . I had a Jenn-air electric range in my last house . I miss the grill pod .
Had some fish from a local fish fry last night . Just reheated in the 360 . Comes out like it was just fried .

Thank You Rich!!
I too, loved Breaded fish from my #360.
That's the only one of my favorites I didn't try in this Ninja yet, but I'm sure it will do Great.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That ninja looks awesome! Had to go and look it up right away and what do you know? I can get one at local costco for $209.00.not too bad! A trip is in order.thanks for the review.

Thank You Dude!!
That's a Great price for one of these!!!

Bear

I still don't have room for them new toys. Knives yes pans yes
So now maybe you can look at the Ooni Pizza Oven LOL
Richie

Thank You My Brother!!
I got room again!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I don't know...I can see another Toy or two in your future!

Thank You Norm!!
LOL---I hope not--I'm good now.

Bear

Dang more toys then I had when I was a kid and also today.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hi Bear, from our talks , mine is coming very soon, and from the cooks you have showed us so far. It seems like a great new tool for your kitchen. And now with more room on the countertops Mrs. Bear can make more of her famous desserts, so i can copy them
David

Thank You David!!
I told her what you said---Now She's out there making a Batch of "Meltaways".
Must be for Easter.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky