Wireless probe thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've no experience with one either. I've thought about getting one but I'm not really sure how often I would actually use it .

I do not know about that one.

But I have the Inkbird one INT-11P-B , and it works very well so far, only used it 3 times.

Set up was fast and it connected to my phone with my already Inkbird setup for my 4 probe wired ones.
But when I get my roto going that is when this will shine for me ,

David

Last edited:
Reactions: hooked on smoke
I have an Air Probe 2 . Like said in post 3 , it's great when it works right .
I bought mine just for using on the spinner . It's cool because it reports meat IT and chamber temp .

BUT ,,, it's not really made for a grill , because the end that reads the chamber temp is more suited for smoker temps , not grilling temps . Mine still works , but I can see it's melted a bit .
I've used it in the SmokeFire at 250 chamber temps , and it's nice . If it stays connected .

I know your looking at a different brand .

I have no experience with it. Some reviews are very good if that means anything. Its half off right now if that means anything either.

Off brand but maybe ok. Do like that it also has wifi. Other's mentioned are strictly bluetooth with limited range. One note: don't get taken by those claiming extended range with the newer bluetooth version. Unless your phone supports it (most don't) you will most likely still be left with limited range. Also agree with Rich ( chopsaw chopsaw ) be careful if used on a grill with high temps.

I have no experience with it. Some reviews are very good if that means anything. Its half off right now if that means anything either.

I bought the Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq model INT-11P-B. Have only used once due to fear of F'n up a good piece of meat.
backed it up with I-BBQ-4T and internal temps seemed pretty close. not too sure about the ambient temp readings. used on rib roast on rotisserie on my napoleon. Stopped periodically to check with instant read probe. I'm not sure I'd completely trust it on an expensive piece of Wagyu type meat. not crazy about bluetooth since I'm spoiled on I-BBQ-4T wifi

Reactions: JLeonard
Santa left a Meater2+, only done a few cooks with it.
I have a Signals and Thermapen which are great for most cooks but I wanted a wireless for three reasons: 1) for sous vide reheats. I got tired of the weighing&measuring and timed voodoo with most SV instructions, etc. I wanted to reheat same way I cook: to temperature. 2) rotis and 3) frying/searing.
I placed the probe in some PR from a previous cook, vac sealed and into SV. Worked absolutely perfectly, just like it came off the pit a month ago! What was interesting was the ‘ambient’ sensor recorded the water temp to within 2F of the SV and Thermapen! Since this was a reheat range was not a factor, so I set up a reverse seared ribeye. I used my phone as a relay (it was <20’ from the base) to my iPad inside, some 80’, no problem. From smoker to rest to sear burner (some 500F), no issues. I see no problems for my 3 requirements.
My only ‘complaint’ is the app. It’s just too damn smart. It asks what you’re cooking and how you want your cook (finish temp). It calculates pull temp & rest for you. I’m used to setting a probe to my pull temp and when the alarm goes off, pull, rest and eat. I set for 125F. I ended up with very rare steak instead of medium rare. On my next cook, I set for 132F and sure enough, hit it exactly. Except I wasn’t done messing up: I rested for longer than recomended and carryover took it slightly past.
I have looked for a way to shut off the smarts such that I can use it as a ‘traditional’ probe but no luck. I’m not able to change the target temp during a cook. For SV is not an issue since the set temp and pull temp are essentially the same. For Hot&Fast it’s probably okay as long as the rest time and/or temp is not changed. Where things get dicey is cook&sear or sear&cook. The app just can’t cope.

If you’re looking for idiot-proof cooking, this is nirvana, provided you get ann idiot to do the cooking. Experienced cooks/pitmasters might have a learning curve.

To be honest, I’ll probably stick to my Signals for everything except the three uses stated.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this into a review. I really do like it for what I got it for. Just be aware if you’re looking for a BBQ/grilling/smoking device.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: babydocsmoker
I do not know about that one.

But I have the Inkbird one INT-11P-B , and it works very well so for only used it 3 times.

Set up was fast and it connected to my phone with my already Inkbird setup for my 4 probe wired ones.
But when I get my roto going that is when this will shine for me ,

David
Same here. I am really liking the Inkbird also. Especially for use with the rottiserie on the MB Gravity 800.
The price was right as well.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky