pork belly bacon and prelim opinion on inkbird INT11-b

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
I had a skinned and cured belly ready to go in my MES30 for bacon. I decided to give my new Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq INT-11-b wireless thermometer a chance on this cook. I'm torn whether to be completely honest and detailed on the review.
I will state a few points since Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq is a sponsor here.
1) the instructions suck about as much as their support mechanism.
Set up and seeing the thermometer was easy, because i had the app and had done the drill before.
Nowhere that I can find in the TINY booklet does it illustrate where the internal and ambient sensors are.
The ambient temp displays are wildly inaccurate. Luckily I know my machine and had a calibrated I-BBQ-4t to verify my suspicions. I inserted my probe to within 1/2" of the probe handle. Internal temp matched my probe from the I-BBQ-4. I also placed a probe from my I-BBQ-4-T at grid level to check ambient accuracy of the INT-11-b.
Ambient showed accuate at patio temp. When I put the belly in the MES-30 set at 225*. I'm a big dummy and didn't save images when i checked temps thru the cook. The ambient in the smoker read way higher than my I-BBQ-4t.
The longer the cook went on the closer the temps got in comparison to each other. FWIW the INT-11 probe when laid on the patio bar read identical temps for internal and ambient when just laying there.
So, In my humble opinion, until someone at
inkbird is able to explain it to me in American, I have no faith in the ambient probe temp reading.
Most of us are fortunate enough to have other thermometers to check grid temp.
But a poor newbie to smoking might get seriously misled if they trust this thermometer.
Pics below. bacon and PB tacos tomorrow
If anything good came of this , my 7 year old MES30 display temp matched my chamber probe (IBBQ-4-T)
almost perfectly.

int 11 screen.jpg

belly.jpg

not surprising to me.
Blue tooth to me really isn’t different than a gauge from a sending unit. Compare that to a gauge that is hard wired. We always called the sender style gauges “dummy lights” if you want to know the actual temp or pressures you need a hard wired gauge. Technology is great but some of it just isn’t there yet. I use a pen. Much more accurate. (Thermo Works) No disrespect to Inkbird.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky