GIVEAWAY TIME - INKBIRD Wireless Meat Thermometer INT-11P-B

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
( Sounds like you're saying mine is defective then. It barely registers the probe when inside the smoker. )

This is from your post before you edited it ,Which i saw last night' and was going to say that no I was not saying that your unit might be defective. And I was going to ask you how thick the steel was on your smoker. Because they say that can hinder the signal.
But looks like you have it working a little better.

Mine is in a thin walled Masterbuilt smoker in my Smokers Shack and also in a WSM down by the Shack or in my BBQ all metal on the deck.

View attachment 693706 View attachment 693705 View attachment 693707

And it is 40+ feet from my deck where the bbq is , and then the kitchen just inside there and I get a good signal.

But I am also waiting for I heard maybe wifi will be added in an update to the unit. We will see.

Glad you have it working better.

That shack is one of the coolest things I’ve seen

Reactions: DRKsmoking
( Sounds like you're saying mine is defective then. It barely registers the probe when inside the smoker. )

This is from your post before you edited it ,Which i saw last night' and was going to say that no I was not saying that your unit might be defective. And I was going to ask you how thick the steel was on your smoker. Because they say that can hinder the signal.
But looks like you have it working a little better.
Doh! You caught me. I edited the post because after re-reading it, it sounded a bit short. I was a bit frustrated at the time.

Yeah, though I went to the smoker today and found the magnet system had failed. I put the probe in the meat and slapped the repeater on the window more securely this time, but it wouldn't reconnect. I'm guessing the battery might've died now (though it's only been 12 hours). I'll keep troubleshooting. When it was working, it was super convenient.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That shack is one of the coolest things I’ve seen

Thanks, nice of you to say. I really like having it when the weather is not great ( like today, friggin windy here and 5 deg. C )
Plus keeps the smoker out of the weather, and if I can get to it I can smoke in it. lol

DSC_6879.JPG

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Doh! You caught me. I edited the post because after re-reading it, it sounded a bit short. I was a bit frustrated at the time.

No problem, don't ever worry about that stuff with me. as long as your not making fun of my hair , we are good.

All posts that that I have responded to , hit my email with any new posts. So ha ha yes I saw it last night around 1 am I think. I did not think nothing of it .

Glad it is acting a little better today. I used mine for a pork roast for supper in the Smokers Shack, but I was only about 50 plus feet away, seemed fine .

David

Reactions: geostriata
Yeah, mine is defective. Base station seems to work, but probe won't charge. Multimeter shows 30mW on probe, staying same after being in plugged in base station for a few hours. Piece of junk.

Got one at Christmas time worked on connecting it for an hour and a half trying to get it connected got pissed off put it back in the box and it’s been in the drawer ever since.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky