Wildfire smoke leads to air quality alert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
The wind has blown in the smoke from out west. I'm in Ontario close to Lake Superior and today it is just terrible. Tried to do some things outside but had to come in and close all the windows. Environment Canada says smoke from wildfires in the Prairie provinces has led to an air quality alert.

Wildfires and Cali go hand in hand, I don't deal with smoke well at all. After all the years working around asbestos unprotected, my lungs are shot. A few years ago when half of CA was on fire, I had to buy two Winix air purifiers, one for the living room and one for my bedroom, they work incredible. And an unexpected plus, is the sound they make, which isn't much drowns out the ringing in my ears, so I sleep better with them on. I went from damn near going to the ER for breathing treatment, to feeling fine within 30 minutes of use, mine run 24/7 now yr round.

I highly recommend them, they aren't super expensive, and the filters are washable, so you don't have to replace them.
I replace them once a yr, because of my O.C.D. :emoji_laughing:

1715583531791.jpeg

Reactions: JLeonard
Did it effect your view of the Northern Lights? You picture last night was amazing.
The picture I posted was taken on the first night of the Northern Lights and there was no smoke. Just a few clouds that cleared up.
Today the smoke is gone again but if the wind shifts I'm sure it will be back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky