BIL, Supper for his family split wings, double smoked jalapeno and cheese sausage , Fresh mussels and corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome for on-the-fly meal some of the best meals and this one looked no different. Nice family taking care of family in sad time of need. May God bless.

Warren

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Awesome for on-the-fly meal some of the best meals and this one looked no different. Nice family taking care of family in sad time of need. May God bless.

Warren

Thanks Warren for the comment

Thank you Warren for the kind words and I know you know all about this, with the passing of your loved ones just a little while back.

David

Reactions: HalfSmoked
That's a great meal you prepared David! Know what it's like going through that stuff with health issues and family. Wish BIL and family more peace and happiness. Now on a much happier note... love the look on granddaughters face... almost as to say, " what shall I snack on next?"

Ryan

Man that looks sweet. I love little lakes and spots like that. I’m jealous

Thanks for the comment

Yes we love it here , not a big lake by any means . But not bad either . We are at the far end in a point and a big island in the middle. So away from the public beach at the other end. can't see or hear it from our end.

But yes our little piece of heaven

David

That's a great meal you prepared David! Know what it's like going through that stuff with health issues and family. Wish BIL and family more peace and happiness. Now on a much happier note... love the look on granddaughters face... almost as to say, " what shall I snack on next?"

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Yes it is very emotional for Mona's sister and we all can feel it. We / I think he has started to give up a little now that he has seen his kids. Knowing that that was the last time , for a lot of things. Very sad.

Now yes his granddaughter was a little firecracker. She and how was not at that age ( 7 ) into everything and trying to do everything that there was to do. Mona had her in the lake a lot with all the toys , paddle boats etc we have here .

Later she found a big bag of Marshmallows, boy she was wired after that, empty bag and sticky face. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Glad Nanny and Granddad had to deal with her.

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
How did I miss this one! One heck of a spread and just love all the pictures David!

Well Brian BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma , this was a nice surprise and sad at the same time.

Sorry thank you for the love and the comment first.

It was nice this morning to see this and remember a good day for Gary ( BIL ) . We had to have him rushed to the hospital a week ago Wednesday
because of the issues he was having. then 5 days later Labour Day Monday morning he sadly passed away.

It was with mixed feelings that day because he was in so much pain and still sad to know he is gone.
He has been a great member of or family for the last 8 years, and he and Mona's sister were very good together.

Thank you Brian for bringing this back up.

David

Well Brian BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma , this was a nice surprise and sad at the same time.

Sorry thank you for the love and the comment first.

It was nice this morning to see this and remember a good day for Gary ( BIL ) . We had to have him rushed to the hospital a week ago Wednesday
because of the issues he was having. then 5 days later Labour Day Monday morning he sadly passed away.

It was with mixed feelings that day because he was in so much pain and still sad to know he is gone.
He has been a great member of or family for the last 8 years, and he and Mona's sister were very good together.

Thank you Brian for bringing this back up.

David
So sorry David. Really tough losing somebody.

BIL, Supper for his family split wings, double smoked jalapeno and cheese sausage , Fresh mussels and corn

BIL and Mona's sister moved in with us little over a month ago. We have a in-law kind of piece built on. His 2 kids ( adults ) and 1 grandchild came to see him for a week or so.
He wanted to do up a nice big open fire meal for them before they went back home out west ( Calgary ) So they do not get to see each other very often. Has not seen his son for 5 years. So this is a very happy and sad time for Gary (BIL)

He had all good intentions on doing this for them on out open fire pit by the lake.
Well he was not feeling well and the wind did not help for the fire . So I said I have you covered , you spend the day with you family.

They picked up some split wings , and 15 pounds of fresh mussels and 2 dozen corn.

I washed and than soaked the wings in pickle juice for 3 hours, than into the smoker with hickory , also I sliced up a big pack of Jalapeno and Cheese sausages with a large onion and they were in there also.

View attachment 672673

View attachment 672675 View attachment 672676 View attachment 672677

In the smoker for 2 1/2 hours at 275 deg. - 300 deg. with Hickory, Wings browned up very nice. and the sausages letting off some great juice and flavours . Stirred them and added a hand of Brown sugar on top , than stirred in after a half hour. Yes I had to sample them every time I opened the smoker . lol

So have the corn on to boil and the mussels ready as they only take about 15 /20 minutes

So removed the wings and sausages from the smoker and onto the grill while the corn and mussels are just about finished. Getting some crisp on the wings with a little BBQ sauce and keeping the sausages close at hand as I like to snack while grilling.

View attachment 672679

View attachment 672680 View attachment 672691

Already and running it all down to the lake were everyone was sitting around setting the table for Gary and Family. All the fixins and fancy dishes.

View attachment 672681

View attachment 672682

Sorry the table hots were a little erratic, and messy looking . As I was just delivering and it was like a bunch of wild dogs while trying to get in and place the food down, no manners I say no manners , LOL

It was all good and everyone was happy and some would not even sit to eat just hover by the food and grab.

View attachment 672684

View attachment 672683
View attachment 672685

View attachment 672686

View attachment 672687

It turned out very nice for them to have this time with their father and Granddad, and his sister showed up who lives in town.
Everyone enjoyed the meal , and BIL was very thankful for the helping hand.

I was even allowed to sit and have some scraps when my shift was done.

View attachment 672688

Than let them clean up the table while I contemplated going for a swim. ( had to put on a dew rag as my solar panel was starting to burn in the sunny cloudy day )

View attachment 672690

There was a couple mussels left over so I pickled them up for BIL and Mona kept a bottle also. I will post that in the seafood area.

All had a good day and full belly's. And the weather held off but too windy for BIL
to do what he wanted on the open fire , But he was very thankful for the helping hand .
He was very tired by the end of the day,

Thanks for making it to the end.

David
Lordy that looks scrumptious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky