The NEW 4th of July Voting Thread.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which do you want to eat the most?

• 1) Slow smoked pulled pork, apple smoked habanero/jalapeno cheese, smoked pickles and peppers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) Fresh French baguette with thin sliced hickory smoked pork loin, pickled carrots and daikon, Engl

• 3) Tostadas schmeared with... Homemade refried beans with 'Que Bueno' nacho cheese sauce blended in

• 4)Smoked Pork Belly Sliders x3 1. Smoked then Fried Pork Belly, sunny side up egg, garlic aioli & po

• 5) Sliced, smoked brisket, topped with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Smothered with

• 6) Cherry-Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork topped with homemade NY Deli style cole-slaw and side of Black

• 7) The Gasser : A smoked Limburger cheese sandwich with brown mustard, red onion, sardines in

• 8) Yorkshire pudding delight Pastrami , smoked , ham, Swiss and avo in a Yorkshire pudding roll

• 9) Cherry Wood Smoked Pork Belly, Hickory and Oak Smoked Pork Butt with Aged Balsamic Glaze, Heirloo

• 10) It is a Brisket, Pulled Pork, ABT, and smoked cheddar on garlic toast.

• 11) Sonoran Dog with Green Chili and Buck Board Bacon Mac-N-Cheese

• 12) TUR-PORK-I with red wine fire roasted multi colored bell peppers and onion, roasted garlic, smok

• 13) Smoked Buffalo Chicken sandwich with Provolone Cheese and a Blue Cheese Coleslaw topping on a t

• 14) Georgia Cheese Steak. It is burnt ends on a huge homemade biscuit smathered with mustard. Toppin

• 15) Philly cheesesteak-style smoked brisket sandwich. The brisket was smoked and pulled, then topped

• 16) Smoked Turkey and Smoked Ham put together with American and Swiss cheese. Then smoked as a whol

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
1) Nepas - Slow smoked pulled pork, apple smoked habanero/jalapeno cheese, smoked pickles and peppers.

2)bfelgar - Fresh French baguette with thin sliced hickory smoked pork loin, pickled carrots and daikon, English cucumber ribbon, thin sliced fresh jalapenos, cilantro and a wasabi, soy, ginger mayo sauce.

3) DaveOmak - Tostadas schmeared with...
Homemade refried beans with 'Que Bueno' nacho cheese sauce blended in..
Smoked pulled pork, re seasoned for zing..
Lettuce, Salsa, and Queso Fresco crumbled on top

4) Thoseguys26 - Smoked Pork Belly Sliders x3
1. Smoked then Fried Pork Belly, sunny side up egg, garlic aioli & potato crisps.
2. Smoked then Fried Pork Belly, tomato, red onion, mayo & arugula
3. Smoked then BBQ braised Pork Belly & coleslaw topped with a smoked hot pepper.
Served alongside homemade truffle fries.

5) Bigfish98 - Sliced, smoked brisket, topped with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and green peppers. Smothered with muenster cheese on a fresh Ciabatta Roll accompanied with homemade au jus!

6) WhtPlainsSmoker - Cherry-Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork topped with homemade NY Deli style cole-slaw and side of Black Bean/Corn/Red and Yellow Pepper Salsa and some Baby Back Ribs to pick your teeth with

7) Mr T 59874 - The Gasser :
A smoked Limburger cheese sandwich with brown mustard, red onion, sardines in mustard sauce topped with smoked Braunsweiger on a homemade dark rye bun. Served with a smoked spicy hot pickled egg on a bed of pickled onions and jalapeño peppers with a side of Korean kimchi.

8) Africanmeat - Yorkshire pudding delight Pastrami , smoked , ham, Swiss and avo in a Yorkshire pudding roll

9) jarjarchef - Cherry Wood Smoked Pork Belly, Hickory and Oak Smoked Pork Butt with Aged Balsamic Glaze, Heirloom Tomatoes, Brie Cheese and Wilted Arugula on Toasted Flat Bread
and of course a cold Beer!!!

10) BigDee - It is a Brisket, Pulled Pork, ABT, and smoked cheddar on garlic toast.

11) ChefRob - Sonoran Dog with Green Chili and Buck Board Bacon Mac-N-Cheese

12) big game cook - TUR-PORK-I with red wine fire roasted multi colored bell peppers and onion, roasted garlic, smoked loin cured canadian bacon/ham, lemon pepper marinated turkey breast, brine cured pastrami, topped with grilled black pepper bacon fresh garden maters and astisan lettuce on a bakery bun. provolone, swiss and pepper jack cheeses.

13) Tatonka3A2 - Smoked Buffalo Chicken sandwich with Provolone Cheese and a Blue Cheese Coleslaw topping on a toasted Butter and Garlic Cheddar Cheese bun.

14) Mmundy81 - Georgia Cheese Steak. It is burnt ends on a huge homemade biscuit smathered with mustard. Topping the burnt ends is melted phimento cheese, bacon, onion, pickles, and topped with a home grown tomato. The side is pinto beans and rice.

15) jcx1028 - Philly cheesesteak-style smoked brisket sandwich. The brisket was smoked and pulled, then topped with grilled onions, red peppers, green peppers and, of course, melted cheez whiz. On the side, we have some Chickie and Pete's style crab fries: fries topped with salt and Old Bay seasoning and dipped in artery-hardening cheese sauce.

16) Mossymo - Smoked Turkey and Smoked Ham put together with American and Swiss cheese. Then smoked as a whole with hickory and cherry - added lettuce, tomato, and mayo to the melt and served with potato grillers that were smoked alongside the sandwich.

Last edited:
The last entry doesn't have the code word. The person who entered it realize while they were eating it that they didn't have the code word. They sent me another picture showing it with the codeword. I decided to go ahead and post the first picture without the codeword because the second was a eaten mess LOL.

VOTING WILL GO UNTIL 7/20/12

OK Well it's still a hard choice, I thought you were going to make it easier!

Congrats to everyone I think they are all winners!!!

WOW they all look great
drool.gif

Hard to choose from these outstanding entries - I vote for an SMF tour to each entry for a taste 
biggrin.gif

Pretty amazing all!...That Gasser must have been conceived after a LONG night of serious Partying!!! Got to have some major Munchies to put that one Down! Hold the Sardines and I'd be all over that! Limburger is far from the Funkiest Cheese I have ever eaten...JJ

Last edited:
As I said in the original thread, there are some seriously mouth-watering entries.  My compliments to all the pitmasters.
77.gif

I had to vote for my own entry (not saying which it is), but when I saw the thread it was very hard not to vote for myself.    Again, great job by everyone.

This is one of the best Throwdowns SMF has had yet! It was so hard to pick from! Everyone did an outstanding job and you can certainly tell a lot of heart and soul went in to each one of these sammies. Congrats to all! I voted, but it was a tough decision.
first.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky