Burger Brawl Voting Poll....Some Amazing Entries!! (Pretty Long)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's Your Favorite Burger?

• HAMburger 2 8oz sirloin burgers with Muenster cheese, topped with cherry double smoked pulled ham

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Classic American cheese bacon burger with seared mushrooms, onions, butter lettuce, sweet chips

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Chicken burger stuffed with buffalo mac n cheese

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Venison backstrap entombed smoked 1/2 lb bacon wrapped burgers

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Jalapeño Popper Burgers: Half-pound inside-out cheeseburgers

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Oklahoma smash burger with homemade Guacamole and homemade dill pickle dip as the dressing.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mesquite-smoked & griddle-seared Dale's-seasoned half-pound chuck burger

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 1/2 lb burger stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, and brisket. brisket nachos on the side.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hickory smoked Wagu beef and Lamb burger on a brioche bun. Gochujang/ketchup sauce, pickled radish

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 1/2# of 80/20 hamburger mixed with black pepper, a little hot shake (Secret recipe)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm sorry your entry got DQ'd but also hope you understand the rules have to be followed. If yours was allowed this time how about entries that get posted in a thread or if somebody makes a thread to post theirs before voting? Where would it end or is it better to just stick with the rules?
Again I'm sorry yours got DQ'd I'm sure you put some effort into making it.

I do understand and I certainly wouldn't want an unfair advantage. It just stings a bit to put your best effort into something just to have it tossed onto the trash heap. At least I got to eat my loser burgers. :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:

All of the entries are worthy, kinda tough to single one out but I did settle on who I think was the best.

Reactions: JC in GB
I do understand and I certainly wouldn't want an unfair advantage. It just stings a bit to put your best effort into something just to have it tossed onto the trash heap. At least I got to eat my loser burgers. :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

For what it’s worth I’m putting it on my screen saver for the rest of the week beautiful burger!!

• Love
Reactions: JC in GB
Only reason I can think of is too many words on my brawl sign.

Would have been nice to be able to compete but what can I say?

JC in post #1 there was an explanation given for why two of the entries were disqualified. One was DQ'd for posting in the open forum under the Burger Brawl thread, and the other was submitted to Roberts personal profile page. Every SMF member has a profile page, and the profiles are visible to all members of the SMF family. Unfortunately, both of these entries were seen by some members of the SMF population. I hope this explanation helps you understand why your entry had to be DQ'd. I know it doesn't help lessen the pain and frustration of the DQ.

The only way the committee can guarantee anonymity with the entries is by having the entrants submit their entries thru the direct/private messages app. That's the little envelope in the upper right hand corner of the forums header.

JC, if you or any other member thinks the rules are not clear enough or need to be expanded upon. Then please bring your concerns forward, and the committee will try to accommodate those concerns.

Thank you
Chris

BTW: I'm really digging your entry.

JC in post #1 there was an explanation given for why two of the entries were disqualified. One was DQ'd for posting in the open forum under the Burger Brawl thread, and the other was submitted to Roberts personal profile page. Every SMF member has a profile page, and the profiles are visible to all members of the SMF family. Unfortunately, both of these entries were seen by some members of the SMF population. I hope this explanation helps you understand why your entry had to be DQ'd. I know it doesn't help lessen the pain and frustration of the DQ.

The only way the committee can guarantee anonymity with the entries is by having the entrants submit their entries thru the direct/private messages app. That's the little envelope in the upper right hand corner of the forums header.

JC, if you or any other member thinks the rules are not clear enough or need to be expanded upon. Then please bring your concerns forward, and the committee will try to accommodate those concerns.

Thank you
Chris

BTW: I'm really digging your entry.
I understand that you have rules and I was unaware that others could see my entry. A real bummer as I was looking forward to competing. Had I realized others could see my post I would have done things differently.

JC

Great looking entries! All looked incredible to me and it was difficult to pick one to vote for! I know from experience how hard it is to get one of these together and I appreciate your efforts!

Great job guys! All look fantastic. Looks like I am seeing a leader... Just so you know, the TD are good motivator for me. I rarely have the planets align and allow me to enter but I always get something going when a TD is going on. Bet there are ALOT more guys like me doing the same.

Reactions: JLeonard
I understand that you have rules and I was unaware that others could see my entry. A real bummer as I was looking forward to competing. Had I realized others could see my post I would have done things differently.

JC
I can tell you another thing that kind of blows I didn't get to share those burgers with you cause they sure looked good

All exceptional entries. Very difficult to choose one. Congrats to you all for your hard work.

Tough choice, but I picked one. Good luck to all the entrants as all look delicious!

Seems this would work better for some if us if we could choose our favorite for Monday, then choose our favorite we would like to have Tuesday, then our favorate we would like to have Wed, etc. Yep, very hard to choose just one. Also a special thanks for posting the DNQ's reasons and pictures for us try to duplicate on black Friday. Ha Ha Yep, rules make it fair, but all these entries could win a 1st place on any given day for me. Thanks to all for posting.

Reactions: crazymoon
I voted while eating lunch ... which happened to be 2-leftover (frozen) grilled hamburger patties, slice of muenster with mustard and mayo on a bun. It looks NOTHING like these outstanding entries.

I wish we could all have like 2 or 3 votes when there are this many entries!

Tough to choose from the outstanding entries but I picked my favorite.
Would love to try any of these and good luck to all !

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky