Burger Brawl Voting Poll....Some Amazing Entries!! (Pretty Long)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's Your Favorite Burger?

• HAMburger 2 8oz sirloin burgers with Muenster cheese, topped with cherry double smoked pulled ham

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Classic American cheese bacon burger with seared mushrooms, onions, butter lettuce, sweet chips

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Chicken burger stuffed with buffalo mac n cheese

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Venison backstrap entombed smoked 1/2 lb bacon wrapped burgers

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Jalapeño Popper Burgers: Half-pound inside-out cheeseburgers

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Oklahoma smash burger with homemade Guacamole and homemade dill pickle dip as the dressing.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mesquite-smoked & griddle-seared Dale's-seasoned half-pound chuck burger

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 1/2 lb burger stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, and brisket. brisket nachos on the side.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hickory smoked Wagu beef and Lamb burger on a brioche bun. Gochujang/ketchup sauce, pickled radish

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 1/2# of 80/20 hamburger mixed with black pepper, a little hot shake (Secret recipe)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
After over 3 weeks of putting those amazing burgers together, it's time for all of you to pick your favorite. There have been Throwdowns in the past where choosing your favorite was tough but this is going to a whole new level. Y'all are gonna have a really difficult time with this one :emoji_wink: We got some truly epic entries. Have fun, take your time, and try not to short out the keyboard while drooling over these. We are going to try something different this time...if it works. For this one, the vote tally will not be visible to the public. This is intended to add to the suspense and fun of finding out in a week who won. It kinda takes the fun out of it if you're sitting there the whole time knowing who the winner is :emoji_blush:

HAMburger. 2 8oz sirloin burgers with Muenster cheese, topped with cherry double smoked pulled ham and sautéed Vidalia onions with homemade creamy Dijon dill sauce.
1682962318349.png

Classic American cheese bacon burger, with seared mushrooms, onions, butter lettuce, sweet chips, and Worcestershire aioli
1682951967830.png

Chicken burger stuffed with buffalo mac n cheese. Topped with melted blue cheese and on top of ranch broccoli slaw. Drizzled with ranch and Frank's sauce.
1682952005804.png

Venison backstrap entombed smoked 1/2 lb bacon wrapped burgers with monterrey cheese on pretzels buns,, gridded bacon and cheese 1/4 LB burgers and a triple Swiss and mushroom 1/4lb burger on toasted hamburger rolls
1682952035660.png

Jalapeño Popper Burgers: Half-pound inside-out cheeseburgers, topped with fried onion rings, and bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. Bibb lettuce, heirloom tomato slices, and a slathering of spicy BBQ sauce complete the presentation.
1682952060941.png

Here is an Oklahoma smash burger with homemade Guacamole and homemade dill pickle dip as the dressing.
1682952091605.png

Mesquite-smoked & griddle-seared Dale's-seasoned half-pound chuck burger with spinach, heirloom tomatoes, onions, dill pickles, and cherry peppers, on a toasted Brioche bun.
1682952127139.png

1/2 lb burger stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, and brisket. brisket nachos on the side.
1682948882732.png

Hickory smoked Wagu beef and Lamb burger on a brioche bun. Gochujang/ketchup sauce, pickled radish and feta cheese. Jalapeno poppers on the side.
1682949216526.png

1/2# of 80/20 hamburger mixed with black pepper, a little hot shake (Secret recipe), Worcestershire sauce, then press formed to hollow out the middles and filled with Swiss, Sharp Cheddar and a dab of Braswell's Bourbon grilling sauce. Cooked on a stainless steel plate in my Kamado and served on a toasted bun with salt water fried onions, blue cheese dressing, Dukes Mayonnaise, Heinz 57 sauce, lettuce, tomato and a slice of hard boiled egg. Corn on the cob on the side
1682950316522.png

Well there ya have it ladies and gentlemen. Ten incredible burgers to choose your favorite from. Let's get those votes rolling in folks.

Unfortunately there were two additional entries, both of which were simply amazing, but were submitted incorrectly so are not available for voting. The decision was made by the staff and TD committee that the rules are in place and must be adhered to in order to maintain the integrity of the voting. All voting is to be blind. The forum voters are not to know who the entry is from so the votes are cast for the meal, not the person. For your viewing pleasure as well as some possible inspiration, here are the two which cannot be voted on.

This one was submitted to me via Profile Post, which is viewable by the public.
Onion smashburgers 70/20 with American cheese and home made hickory smoked bacon. Simply finished with ketchup and Düsseldorf mustard and a buttered, toasted bun. Cooked on my Blackstone flat top.
1682949955493.png

This one was posted to the forum Burger Brawl thread.
80/20 ground chuck, Caramalized onions, Sauteed mushrooms, A nice melted slice of Old Cheddar, Alvin Cailan's burger sauce which is made of: 3pts mayo, 1pt caramalized onions, 1pt roasted garlic, 1pt yellow mustard, sweet paprika - To Taste, sugar -TT, pickle juice - TT. Grilled to perfection over 500 degree oak lump charcoal
1682951032508.jpeg

Thanks, thanks, and more thanks to everybody who took the time to make this happen. I believe we have set a record for the number of entries. Now let's see if we can set another one for the number of votes.

Robert

Attachments

• 1682950093903.png
    1682950093903.png
    821.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1682950871751.jpeg
    1682950871751.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 1682950940691.jpeg
    1682950940691.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 1682951933517.png
    1682951933517.png
    704.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
They all look delicious! Think I'll get out my dart board a post all these pics on it... throw a dart blindfolded to pic a winner! This is gonna be tough.

Ryan

Reactions: Marknmd
I never in my wildest dreams thought that we could receive so many exquisite entries. New heights have been reached at SMF. Congratulations to all that entered. Your burgers all look fabulous, at the same time let me also express my sincere apologies to those entries that had to be disqualified. Your time and effort were truly appreciated by the committee and the admin. team. We really hated DQ'ing these, but felt in the name of fairness it was the right thing to do.

Also in the name of fairness. Since I saw one of the entries prior to this posting, and even though it was DQ'd. I will not be taking part in the committee voting on this throw-down. We are trying to make this contest as fair as possible and we don't want to leave any doubt in anyone's mind. Mistakes happen, that's just a fact of life.

Again thank you for all the wonderful entries. As Robert mentioned this one is going to be hard to decide.

Chris

It would be nice to have more than 1 single vote! I almost feel like im slapping a few members in the face by only having 1! Great turnout and great looking grub!

It would be nice to have more than 1 single vote! I almost feel like im slapping a few members in the face by only having 1! Great turnout and great looking grub!
I know what you are saying, but they do that on my Jeep forum and most just vote for all. The judges have enough to contend with as it is. I don't feel it is a slap in the face to the other entrants.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
I would like to take some time eating all of those!
I know what ya mean! Those are some great looking burgers. And I may find myself trying to recreate a few of them!!

Jim

My entry got DQ'd that blows. :emoji_angry:

JC :emoji_cat:
I'm sorry your entry got DQ'd but also hope you understand the rules have to be followed. If yours was allowed this time how about entries that get posted in a thread or if somebody makes a thread to post theirs before voting? Where would it end or is it better to just stick with the rules?
Again I'm sorry yours got DQ'd I'm sure you put some effort into making it.

Reactions: JLeonard
I wanted to vote for one of the DQ'd ones, though that doesn't make the sting any easier to the ones who did get DQ'd :(

I kinda feel like I'm voting for second now, though rule of law must and does apply.

I wanted to vote for one of the DQ'd ones, though that doesn't make the sting any easier to the ones who did get DQ'd :(

I kinda feel like I'm voting for second now, though rule of law must and does apply.
Know what you're saying. One of the DQ entries would have been my pick and nothing in the rest of the pack really grabs my interest as much.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky