Texas Snow Feb 12th 2010

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just sitting here having my coffee at about 5:30am yesterday morning, contemplating on my drive into work, how much earlier I might leave because of the roads when my cell phone went off.. our security company.. "..multiple alarms.." OH CRAP! Didn't even have my teeth in yet! No shower.. no shave.. toss on my clothes and out the door (about my 20th or so break in over the years, familiar routine..). I was surprised the roads weren't that bad, did 30 on sidestreets and 40 on interstate. Got there and perps had stolen a truck (so it couldn't be traced back to them, naturally) and backed it through the window and security gates to gain entrance. They went all the way into the store, knocking the counters 2 ft off their mark! Probably thought with the snow it'd be the ideal time for a break-in with response time being slow. Well, right when it happened a Medstar ambulance went by and witnessed it, turning on their lights and siren, and scared them off, then they tried leaving with the truck and it got stuck in the slush, so they took off on foot, getting away with only a few small items! $20,000 in damages for less than $200 in stolen merchandise! Fort Worth police towed the truck away and got several good prints from there and from inside also.
Security got hold of the glass and gate companies, I called in my employees and we were back in operation, opened by 11:40 am (reg. 9 am), and everything back where it should be and remerchandised by 4 pm.
My store is in Como area of Fort Worth (well known drug and prostitute area, even in Wikipedia!) and this is the 5th breakin in 2½ years.

What I saw when I pulled up:

From the inside, that's the truck in the parking lot where they got it stuck in the snow:

I'm usually upset if there's a tag or two missing... what a mess!

The counters shoved together:

This was my day in the snow.. how was yours? lol!

triplebq looks like we got about the same as yawl did over here in griffin ga. we are about thirty miles south of atlanta. i can take it or leave it but at least the kids are having a lot of fun. they were announcing school closings the day before it got here. dont look like its ever going to dry out around here. its been raing all winter. its either flooding or drought. we havn't had a regular weather year in years.

Was in Tampa FL all week. It was the coldest wet sunshine I have ever seen. Came back through DWF last night the snow was a lot warmer.

Yes we have the same exact weather .. WET , cold , snow , ice and then 5 inches of rain falls ... We have to walk through rice patties just to do some illegal tank hoping trying to catch jaws ! ( Jaws is a never ending quest ) . My daughter is having a blast as well !

Hey I saw that on the news , channel 11 had it . Man what a mess . Glad you weren't there when they opened for you ...
mad.gif

That is just sick. That weather causes cabin fever. And mosquitoes. I would rather be sitting on a lake in -20 in a nice warm ice shack fishing.

By the way, that snow is how our winter started out. I think that we have gotten a "snow event" about every week since and some have dropped quite a lot of snow. So hope this stops with this one.

I've been living in here in SE Georgia for over 25 years. Only once before have we had enough snow to "stick". Then it was barely enough to make a few snowballs. Here is my house & deck this early this morning. Its 4 pm & most of it is gone except places that are shaded from the afternoon sun.

hpim0540r.jpg

hpim0541.jpg

Hey TripleBQ look at it this way, Even if your daughter and muscles never see it again, later in life she can tell the story about how they were snowed in and the snow was up to muscles's neck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky