Spent some time with the butcher

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is awesome Matt!
What a great experience!
BTW, since you are a Premier member you can put a link to his site in your signature line.
Al
Hi Al,

Thanks for checking in! I was uneasy about mentioning it publicly in the thread, not wanting to run a foul with any rules. Nice to know it is allowed in the signature. I wasn't aware of that.

That is awesome Matt!
What a great experience!
BTW, since you are a Premier member you can put a link to his site in your signature line.
Al
Thanks Al! I was wondering about that but didn't want to tell him wrong info.

Ryan

Reactions: schlotz
Al & Ryan,

I'm a bit uneasy providing input in the signature which kind of amounts to an ad. Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point I'm going to refrain from putting a link in there to the kid's wagyu business.

Last edited:
Al & Ryan,

I'm a bit uneasy providing input in the signature which kind of amounts to an ad. Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point I'm going to refrain from putting a link in their to the kid's wagyu business.
I sent you a PM.

Ryan

Al & Ryan,

I'm a bit uneasy providing input in the signature which kind of amounts to an ad. Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point I'm going to refrain from putting a link in there to the kid's wagyu business.
Matt as has been stated a perk of being a Premier Member is you are allowed one commercial link in your signature line. If you look you will see some others that have them and it is a perk you got by stepping up and supporting the site. A link in your signature line will save you from having to PM it to members constantly and might even help the kids sell more product

Matt as has been stated a perk of being a Premier Member is you are allowed one commercial link in your signature line. If you look you will see some others that have them and it is a perk you got by stepping up and supporting the site. A link in your signature line will save you from having to PM it to members constantly and might even help the kids sell more product

Understand Jerry and really do appreciate that it's an option for us Premier Members. The kid's business depends on continual availability in order to keep them viable in the marketplace. Managing a herd to maintain inventory by always having a steer ready for slaughter takes quite a bit of time and effort. As it is, the higher end weekend farmer's markets they partake in generate a fair amount of demand. It's sort of a fine line where you have to be concerned about creating too much additional demand. So for now, I think it's best to not populate the signature line.

Wow Matt what a journey and I'm sure you're proud of them and their commitment.
That's sure some beautiful beef and glad they were able to fine someone closer to process and reduce their costs!

Keith

Wow that is some NICE looking beef!… that skirt is the skirt is like…..”find the skirt steak game” you should be proud if that. Oh and I’m betting the butchering place is loving getting to cut them up too!!!

Last edited:
Wow Matt what a journey and I'm sure you're proud of them and their commitment.
That's sure some beautiful beef and glad they were able to fine someone closer to process and reduce their costs!

Keith

Hey Keith, yes they were pretty stoked at getting in with this processor. It was obvious they were a great group to work with. Very conscientious, wanting to make sure they were getting the cuts precisely the way our daughter wanted them. Great work ethic and had fun bantering with each other while doing it. Hard to ask for anything more.

Wow that is some NICE looking beef!… that shit is the skit is like…..”find the skirt steak game” you should be proud if that. Oh and I’m betting the butchering place is loving getting to cut them up too!!!

Most definitely. They were very impressed with the quality of this A4 steer and were excited to have the opportunity to work with wagyu which they have not done before. FYI, wagyu steers are somewhat smaller than standard breeds. Not sure how that enters into the butchering process but they seemed to want to take more time to ensure they got things right. Most likely due to the value involved.

Yup . I'm guessing there isn't a " grind pile " mentality either .
Well, technically there is... they have burgers on their site. And sticks, and summer sausage, and some steaks that I now know what part of the cow they come from! I would suggest going on their site sober and stuffed full miserable! But boy does it all look good!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: clifish and schlotz
I was on there . I'm betting the grind is a complete after thought , or if any of it doesn't make grade it goes to sausage and the like . When I do stuff here I have in mind that some will go to grind .
Part of the animal goes to grind away , but the better cuts , I can see them making sure they get it right .

I was on there . I'm betting the grind is a complete after thought , or if any of it doesn't make grade it goes to sausage and the like . When I do stuff here I have in mind that some will go to grind .
Part of the animal goes to grind away , but the better cuts , I can see them making sure they get it right .
Yes there is a grind portion and it makes some of the best burgers you can eat. We use it all the time for both burgers and in what we loosely call a taco salad.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Yes there is a grind portion and it makes some of the best burgers you can eat. We use it all the time for both burgers and in what we loosely call a taco salad.
I’ll take one of each please!!!

Actually for a burger of that quality, I would drop a double batch of some slivered onions on a 375 degree flat top, then place a parchment paper formed patty over each pile them and press them into the slivers……flip when the onions are caramelized, then I would drop a buttered bun on the flap to for a toast….once a sear crust forming into edge of the flipped patties, each would be topped with a slice of American cheese and capped for about 15 seconds to set the cheese then double stack the patties and place on a thin spread top & bottom toasted bun of mao/worst…..bam! Bam!!!! BAM!!!!!!

I’ll take one of each please!!!

Actually for a burger of that quality, I would drop a double batch of some slivered onions on a 375 degree flat top, then place a parchment paper formed patty over each pile them and press them into the slivers……flip when the onions are caramelized, then I would drop a buttered bun on the flap to for a toast….once a sear crust forming into edge of the flipped patties, each would be topped with a slice of American cheese and capped for about 15 seconds to set the cheese then double stack the patties and place on a thin spread top & bottom toasted bun of mao/worst…..bam! Bam!!!! BAM!!!!!!
Now that's a burger!

Reactions: civilsmoker
Fantastic looking beef Matt, and as for the hamburger. Well the first burger would be w/o condiments. I would just want to savor the flavor.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky