Happy Winter to all, LOL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Happy Winter to all, LOL

We had our first snow the other day and it was heavy packy snow great for snow balls and the such. Not that great for the snowblower.

Came home yesterday from work 3 freezing cold days after said snow fall , came in house and this is what I saw out the livingroom window looking back at me.

Mona and her mom ( 86 ) wanted to go out and make a snowman. And this is the saddest and cute at the same time .
Hard to make a good snowman out of old crusty snow.

But they pulled it off and gave me a big smile after a cold day ay work.

Happy Winter  Snowman.JPG

David

I loved a good snowball fight when I was a kid, sadly my shoulders wont allow a lot of the stuff I use to do, casting a couple thousand times a day fishing hurts my pride the most, grand kids mostly grown up and only a few snowball fights with them over the years due to lack of ammo :emoji_laughing: cant take the kid out of everybody lol

mike243 mike243 243 hurts my pride the most, grand kids mostly grown up and only a few snowball fights with them over the years due to lack of ammo :emoji_laughing:

Ha Ha , nice memories for sure, and I know what you mean about the shoulders. Both of my Rotator Cuffs are torn, and very easy to make them pain for days.

While doing the drive way the other day Mona was on the deck throwing snow balls at me and kept hitting me , so laughing and dodging them I pick up some great snow and made some snowballs and tried to throw back at her . She could not stop laughing and said I THROW LIKE A GIRL, talk about pride.

All good fun , but that was a no no for the shoulders for a couple days

David

Complaining, somewhat. Problem here is we don't know how to deal with any snow. Around here, everything shuts down at the mere mention of a chance of snow...🤣

That is the same as out in Vancouver BC where my son now lives. Last year he said he sat on the bus on the way home from work for couple hours as the bus driver could not get the bus through the 1" of snow. He was stuck on a little hill. Son said it is stupid how bad it is there when they get a dusting of snow.
They just do not know how to deal with it .

David

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice place you got there. You have a pond in your backyard?
We get snow here in Northern Arkansas. Place shuts down after 2”inches of snow. Very rural and hilly here. Plus, the county and city doesn’t use salt to melt the ice/snow on the roads.
Anyways, happy snow days and stay warm.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice place you got there. You have a pond in your backyard?
We get snow here in Northern Arkansas. Place shuts down after 2”inches of snow. Very rural and hilly here. Plus, the county and city doesn’t use salt to melt the ice/snow on the roads.
Anyways, happy snow days and stay warm.

Yes not a bad little pond in the backyard. ( good lake , Trout in spring and fall when the water is cool and Small mouth all summer when the water warms up )

Yes funny what you get used to ( hate that I am used to cold and snow ) and herd to think places shut down with an inch or 2 of snow.
But I get it .

Snow is nice for a bit when it first shows up, but gets old pretty quick. only 4 months or so of shi**y weather to go, then rainy season. lol

David

Complaining, somewhat. Problem here is we don't know how to deal with any snow. Around here, everything shuts down at the mere mention of a chance of snow...🤣
Heck that's what I like about being from here. Fun calling in to work and saying roads to bad to get there so I'm going to play in the snow. 🤣
People I work with will say. You have a truck and couldn't go anywhere? I'm no we road all over the place gathering kids to go slide. If I mess my truck up doing that oh well but I'm not going to mess it up trying to come to work. That's what vac days are for.

Love the snowman! And now I know who I can beat in a snowball fight lol! Best thing about snow was when we used to go snowmobiling... been a few years but one of the last times we went we rode 70 miles one day... sure feel that the next day!

Ryan

Snow looks good… from here in Mississippi! Tell Mona and mom the snowman looks great! I keep seeing an old house on instagram on a narrow strip of land between a highway and a lake and always wonder how close it is to you….its for sale. But would need a lot of work to fix up.
Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Love the snowman! And now I know who I can beat in a snowball fight lol! Best thing about snow was when we used to go snowmobiling... been a few years but one of the last times we went we rode 70 miles one day... sure feel that the next day!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Yes it is an ugly cute snowman, but funny and good for the snow they tried to use.
Not fair in a snowball fight as I told you my weakness, lol
That is one of the things that I miss doing in the winter, snowmobiling or 4 wheeling out in the fields or trails through the woods.
But 70 miles.... oooo my ass and shoulders would be sore and tired after that.

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Snow looks good… from here in Mississippi! Tell Mona and mom the snowman looks great! I keep seeing an old house on instagram on a narrow strip of land between a highway and a lake and always wonder how close it is to you….its for sale. But would need a lot of work to fix up.
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I also like seeing snow from afar ( after the first little bit or on Christmas day )
Mona and her mom are happy with their creation 🤣🤣

Jim does the ad say where the land is with the house on it , as I do not do instagram either. Or send a picture of the ad , just being nosey

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky